The KPA's foundational amp/distortion model

• I think C Kemper has said somewhere that it may be possible to include tone stacks in a future update can someone confirm this? That would be a great addition. I can kinda hear what Radley is talking about especially in extreme settings but that said i have no problem what so ever getting a very usable liquid smooth hi gain lead sound with no unpleasantness at all. I guess we all have different interpretations of what smooth high gain is hence the different opinions.

• I like audioholics soundfiles. I have no trouble with high gain lead sounds. In fact, they sound very good to me (recording and FRFR!). The legacy high gain posted by Erik Stam is unbelievable good.

• Actually, some of the Kemper info I've read refers to a single amp model that was created to be the 'foundation' for all profiles. If this is the case, obviously it needs to sound and distort like a tube amp, no? And that is the reason for this thread....

All modelers known to man 8o

• Actually, some of the Kemper info I've read refers to a single amp model that was created to be the 'foundation' for all profiles. If this is the case, obviously it needs to sound and distort like a tube amp, no? And that is the reason for this thread....

I think you're misinterpreting the "info" you've read....or changing words around to create a different meaning.
    "Single amp model" and the Kempers "distortion engine" are two different things, no?

"Sound and distort like a tube amp".
    It does, massively better than any digital device I've ever played (haven't played an Axe-FX).

I think you're not happy with the way the Kempers Gain knob works....but that doesn't mean it doesn't distort like a tube amp.
    You want to turn the gain knob to 8 on a Profile that has the gain set at 3, and you want the gain to re act like a real tube amp...correct?

Well, I don't need that to happen, I have no problem using a higher gain Profile to achieve the same thing.

But, stick around, I think Mr Kemper said he'll add tone stacks to future updates...I think that's what you want...correct?