Favourite IR for medium gain tight lower end

• Any suggestions to a good IR that is huge sounding but retains tightness in the lower end? I find most of the Celestion ones have a boxy, crusty honky, mid range, dark, small tone to them…
    But when I have extracted some high gain ones from profiles, they add way too much power and overly distorted looseness…
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    I play hard rock so I don’t really want any high gain metal IR that adds presence and volume / low end…
    Just a few good IR’s with a solid bottom end that sound huge and not Boxee…
    Or if there are any tricks I am missing to tighten up things?!

• Hey thanks for mentioning me :)
    i have also here these
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kl3…IniHyy_U00jHHoM6SA4a?dl=0

• Hey thanks for mentioning me :)

No problem @Bommel. Your 1000+ profiles are great so I don’t see why your profile IR’s won’t be the same :thumbup: .

IR’s are a new area for me but because of the Toastme midi editor and making it easy to change cabs out under the lock functions I’ve been experimenting with a few and I’m very happily surprised with the results. I look forward to trying yours out. I notice the recent ones are not in the standard kemper format. Will they need converting?

• thank a lot man ^^ i really glad to hear it ... no my workflow is a bit strange :D i make the IRs with Two Notes Blend IR so they are currently in a .tur file.
    you can open them in "wall of sound" whoch is free i think ... but i need not profile them ... the other "recommended cabs" folder is already with kemper files, so you just have to add them to the kemper, restart it and that the Cab from this Profile :)

I just need a bit time to profile the Cab from today ... or you could get wall fo sound, route the kemper through the pc and profile the one like most. That works and i already did that :)

• How would you compare Michael Britt cab pack to the different Celestion IRs?

@SQUAREHEAD - I haven’t purchased the Celestion IR’s (Yet). If I do I will let you know. The ones that are in other rigs with Celetions, I think Mikes cover a bigger range. Mikes IR’s are mainly a blend and I like them a lot.

• I have tried some IRs and I wasn't really impressed compared to great KPA cabs.
    The IRs I liked best were the Official Celestions, I bought the Greenbacks and the V30 in 4x12 configs.
    But still my favourite KPA cabs still sound and feel better when playing live but these IRs will give me some additional colours when recording.

• Don't forget that You can save the cab from any rig You have.
    My favourite cabs have I saved from my favourite rigs by Guiorist, Deadlight Studio, SinMix and others.
    To try out different cabs, take a rig You like and just lock everything except the cab and then You can browse the RE, search for certain speakers, manufacturers and so on...
    And when You find cabs that You like just go to the cab section and hit save.

• Don't forget that You can save the cab from any rig You have.
    My favourite cabs have I saved from my favourite rigs by Guiorist, Deadlight Studio, SinMix and others.
    To try out different cabs, take a rig You like and just lock everything except the cab and then You can browse the RE, search for certain speakers, manufacturers and so on...
    And when You find cabs that You like just go to the cab section and hit save.

I have started doing this with ToastMe and then setting up a directory in rig manager saving my favourite cabs/IR’s.

You then just use the !Cab! Function to lock everything but the cab and then select through the list in the rig manager folder to try all the various cabs with my selected rig. Works a treat.

I just need some utility to pull out all the various cabs I have in the 1000’s of profiles in rig manager..oh well I am managing to do it a bit at a time..