Need help using expression pedal

• Hi, i am sorry if those questions are already answered but i can't find it.

1. is it possible to use volume pedal and morphing in the same rig? Some way to switch this function from remote? It would be nice the option to switch between all expression pedal functions from remote.

2. Can be the input volume used like a morph parameter? You could change distortion level instead of using the gain parameter.

3. Can i exclude a parameter from the morphing? Once morphing is activated its a pain in the ass to edit one parameter you want to edit globally for the two morphing settings.

Reading the manual seems impossible to do what i am asking...but i cant believe it is impossible to use expresion pedal for volume in one rig and use it for morphing in another rig. It would be my way to use it and i dont see logical conflicts. It would be as easy as have input volume parameter avaliable for morphing..or the option to use one button on the remote for switching between volume, morph, pitch, wah, if this effects are in the rig.
    Or easier but simplier..pedal function stored for each rig.

Wah-pitch-vol pedal position should be a morphing parameter. This way you could do what you want..endless posibilities. (Maybe i answered myself)

• ad 1. The chapter Expression Pedal and Foot Switches in the Main Manual explains all the pedal possibilities in great detail and with graphics. There are also video tutorials related to this subject. Multiple pedal controllers can be assigned to one pedal. The Morph Pedal can also control Wah and Pitch Pedal. The exception is Morph and Volume Pedal. The philosophy is to keep all pedal assignments global. We don't want pedal assignments, input routing nor output routing stored with in the Rigs, because Rigs should be compatible with every user's environment for easy sharing e. g. via Rig Exchange. However, you can Morph Rig Volume or other volumes within the Rig e. g. a volume in an effect..

ad 2. There is no input volume as such. You can Morph a volume pre Stack e. g. in an effect placed in Module A. However, you can also place your Volume Pedal at location Input and that Rig-wise. You can also use a Wah Pedal Booster in the Modules A-D:

ad 3. This is what the manual says: ·You can erase Morphing of anyparameter by turning the morphed value back to the base value.

Pedal assignments and pedal links are intentionally global. It is a must that Rigs can be shared and work right from the beginning in everybody's environment. However, the setup of Wah effects is local, the setup of Pitch effects is local, the Morphing parameters are local, and location as well as range of the Volume Pedale are local.

Please read the chapters Expression Pedals and Foot Switches as well as Morphing and the related video tutorials to familiarize yourself with the many possibilities. All applications are covered.

• I have mine set up with the standard single pedal settings shown in the manual. However, i previously had ir set up with a button on my RJM Mastermind to selected expression pedal function. I had 4 functions assigned to the button and stepped through them to arrive at the desired assignment. It is actually still active on the PBC but I never use it now as the single pedal setup in the manual does everything I need.

• Thank you very much for the answers.

You can use Morph, wah and pitch with the same setup? Dont see how in the manual. I will try it now.

I don't see how to have a pedal setting local would made incompatible to share. In my head, if one rig is designed for whammy but pedal setting is global, you may not be able to use it for what it was designed.

• "Then, go to the "Pedal Links" Now, your Morph Pedal is the master for Morphing, Wah and pedal pitch effects, and
    controls them all simultaneously. "

That is a good explanation? Go to pedal links and voilà.. doesnt say if expression pedal has to be set at morph..nothing.

I manged a lot advanced devices and this manual and device could be better lets say. On most devices i only read manual to see if theres something more..not because i am unable to do what i want. Overcomplicated device and "extrange" manual: simple and complex.

I will not surrender..i will find it some way.

• Basically i found it..but..it is impossible to have volume pedal if you want the option to have wah, morph or pitch in other rig. Like i was able to do (withouth morphing of course) with the 300€ line6 hd300 crap. Even if there is no morphing wah or pitch in this rig.

I am astonished. There isnt any fx with a full range volume parameter to morph..only if they made a volume block..it would be possible. General post volume can be morphed but cuts trails and is post gain. I cant do swells and morph at same time, or swells in one rig and morph in other rig without editing global setup.

• As stated already above you can Morph Rig Volume or any other volume within the Rig. In that case you have one expression pedal that does it all, if that makes sense.

We don't want to have pedal assignments in Rigs, because if you import a Rig from somebody else your perceived volume pedal could suddenly become a pitch pedal or something else and your volume control is gone. Therefor pedal assignments are global and reflect your environment and preferences, while what those pedals do in a particular Rig is Rig-specific. We are not aware of any meaningful application, that cannot be handled with our design.

• But the only volumes you can morph in fx block +-15 or post global volume. So you cant do swells with pre volume, and delay and reverb trails are cut of you do swells with the global volume.

I think the solution would be an option where if no wah, pitch, or morph are activated in the rig, then your pedal controls volume.

Thanks

• We are running in circles in two threads.

There is no Rig completely without Morphing. Even if you haven't prepared any parameters for Morphing in a Rig yet, the Morph Pedal in toe position means the Rig is now ready for your first Morph Sound parameter entries. That's why Volume Pedal and Morph Pedal cannot be combined.

I have given you a whole list of choices and alternatives e. g. triggering Morphing via Rig Buttons and combining Volume, Wah and Pitch on your pedal.

I have also suggested a workaround: Morph the Mix of an Effect Loop with nothing physically connected to that effect loop.