Tele Pickup Recommendations

• Hello!

I'm thinking about doing a custom guitar build and would love some input on pickup selection.

I have always loved the look and feel of telecasters, but have never really been a fan of the 'twangy' tone you get from them.
    I know there are a lot of factors that go into the physics system that is a guitar - wood, hardware, electronics, etc.

The body I am lookin at is a 1 piece mahogany w/ a maple cap. I'm thinking of pairing this with an Indian Rosewood Neck.
    Unsure of what to do for the nut or fret wire at the moment - still deciding.
    For the bridge - I was going to do one with individual saddles - not the typical 3 saddle fender bridge.

With the above mentioned options - I think it should sound quite a bit different from your standard Tele.
    But I'm curious as to what I should do for the pickups.
    This is going to have the standard two single coil routes.

Looking for something rich/full/warm - not bright/chimey/twangy.
    Would love to hear if any of you have recommendations.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This might work 8)

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Albert Collins and Roy Buchanan brandishing Telecasters on either side of Lonnie Mack who died on the same day as Prince.
    I played in a band who opened for Roy twice in Dallas Texas. We had way too much fun drinking all night.
    I miss them all. :thumbup:

• This is soooo damn good. 8)

External Content www.youtube.com

• Cool guy, here's his rig rundown which was good but I was shocked to hear he only uses his axefx for reverb? That's a pricey reverb pedal lol. Someone should tell him about our beloved Kemper and the wonderful reverbs, then he wouldn't have to pack around so much gear. :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com

Edited 2 times, last by 808illest: Whoops, forgot the link lol. ().