Marshall yjm profiles coming

• Hi,
    Just a thought.
    Ive got a Marshall yjm 100 coming next week.
    Gonna spend a while getting to know it then profile.
    What I thought was, as its an uncommon amp (only 1500 worldwide) if anyone has any specific requests on what sort of profiles they would like of this amp, let me know on this thread and I will do my best to accommodate.
    I have access to a palmer pdi03, shure sm57 and sm58, audio technica ae2500, Rode N1 and Im hoping to get me one of those fatty ribbon mics that audioholic has been using.
    Cab will be an evh 5153 with celestion greenbacks.
    I will do my best to accommodate and put the profiles in a zip file for downloading if anyone is interested.
    Look forward to any requests and I reckon it will be a learning experience to see what most users are looking for in their profiles.

• Make sure to shoot some profiles with the amp at full blast if you can with the boost on the back fully engaged - I'd love to have that tone. Also, some crunch profiles would be nice as well. These are kinda standard requests I think.
    One thing I just thought about - if you have the chance, please make a profile with the mids around 8-9 or even 10, and the treble and bass around 5-6, and the other way around as well (bass and treble higher and mid scooped out a little) - this is something I'd surely try with that amp :) Thanks!

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• looking forward to this :thumbup: , also excited about the greenbacks, a few different gainsettings would be nice with an sm57. a ribbon may be even better, but I'm not sure. maybe too dark for greenbacks :S , then again I'm definately no expert when it comes to miking. whatever you come up with, it will be much appreciated.

• YJM and a 4x12 cab with Greenbacks??? I feel like it's Christmas!!!! 8o8o
    Yes, super interested here!!! I guess various gain stages with what you feel is the sweet spot of the amp in each setting for me... :)

• The amp is great but i am even more interested in the cab files. Since you got a bunch of mics, i am sure you will use a submixer? Would be cool if you could try a similar approach to my cab files. Bring the condenser to the "sweet spot" between cone and cap. Then slightly add a more off axis SM57 until it is becoming audible as a part of the sound. Those gave me the best results and from what i have gotten as feedback are the most popular from my cabs too. From my feeling the results are better if you use a mic position with a slightly sharper sound and compensate by rolling off of some treble on the mixer.

• Wow excellent! Thanks for sharing that link, cesmag.

Ok, one additional profile with these YJM settings there please, SGP, if possible.

Also, I don't have that original grey DOD pedal, but I do have a replica by Analogman with the 741-mojo mod.
    http://www.analogman.com/dodmod.htm
    It is a close as possible to an original gray old stock DOD 250.

SGP, if you want I could send this to you to include it in a profile. It is a super noisy pedal though...

• Yeah :thumbup:

Would love to have that seering Yngwie lead tone!

Don't know if you have access to a good condenser mike like an AKG 414 or Neumanns, in my experience these add a lot of "air" to the profiles.

I usually mike from a somewhat bigger distance with these, say 15 to 20 cm!

Looking forward to playing with those 8o

"One of my legs is shorter than the other and both my feet's too long" FZ

• @Ericstamm, I have a mate who has an AKG 414xls and a 451. He also has a neumann tlm49.
    Been on the phone. Looks like we are gonna arrange a profiling day hehe.

schneidas apparently the inbuilt boost is the dod circuit from Yngwies favourite booster pedal (whatever that means).

Some great ideas fellas. Will do my best.....

• This is awesome... Thank you for your efforts! If possible can you try to profile these louder than the 5150 profiles. For some reason I am having a heck of a time getting the 5150's to sound good... I have to turn them up and by the time I turn them up all the way they clip. I'm not really sure why, but they just aren't loud enough. Anyways, not trying to be picky, but I'm thinking the louder the profile then I don't have to turn it up so much on the kemper

• If you can - do one profile where you really keep things simple. Amp with dials at 12 o'clock, one sm57 at the best sounding of the four speakers and that pointed at the sweet spot. That'd be really cool!

• This is awesome... Thank you for your efforts! If possible can you try to profile these louder than the 5150 profiles. For some reason I am having a heck of a time getting the 5150's to sound good... I have to turn them up and by the time I turn them up all the way they clip. I'm not really sure why, but they just aren't loud enough. Anyways, not trying to be picky, but I'm thinking the louder the profile then I don't have to turn it up so much on the kemper

Have you tried turning up the cab volume?