Marshall yjm profiles coming

• I got a PM and was asked to post a request for SGP from a soon-to-be-KPA-owner. Obviously, he cannot post in the private area of the forum yet. He wanted to PM you, but couldn't - so he asked if I could post this to you.
    So here's his request to you:

If possible, profile with a yjm signature guitar or a stratocaster with Dimarzio HS-3 or yjm pickups (250k pots).
    The pickups have very low output which might be important for the profiling results.
    Try profiling with a light gauge set like 09-46.

Also, try to profile with a Marshall 4x12 cab or other cab with Celestion GT12 75w speakers.
    That might be very important as well for the most authentic tone.

Edited 4 times, last by schneidas ().

• Love the amp, but have actually returned it.
    I discovered that I preferred a Rockcrusher attenuator to the internal one, and found that the internal booster didn't work as well with my main gigging guitars (EVH wolfgang, pretty high output) as a TS9 or SD1, so Im looking to buy a good plexi reissue instead. I didn't realise just how fantastic a wound up plexi sounded till I got this amp, but as I wasn't too keen on the attenuator or the boost I figured a bog standard plexi would be easier to maintain in the long run.
    I did a load of profiles though with and without the internal booster, both direct and with the 5153 cab. Im in the process of labelling up and sorting all the amp and cab profiles.
    In all I think I shot about 50 odd profiles.
    Im still evaluating the best ones to put up on the exchange.
    If anyones is in a particular hurry PM me and I can always email a folder with all the profiles in.

• Weird, I just pmd Spence about the Matrix coaxials...
    Never mind.
    I will sort a dropbox download for you when I get home early evening.
    Im afraid you will have to wade through some weird naming conventions etc as I just do whatever it takes to move on quickly while Im actually profiling lol.

• jeddie, can do some more no problem.

It will be early next week.
    My KPA is going back to the dealers to be replaced with a new one to try to bottom out my recent 'crashing' woes so I will be without it for a few days.
    Did you have any preferences? DI, Palmer speaker sim or miced? If I know what u r looking for I can do a good few 'in the ballpark' to get as close to your requirements as I can.

Cheers

Andy

• Ahh that's a shame that you're having problems with it. You may have done this previously on the other profiles, but can you use these settings. Supposedly this is what Ed uses. Thank you!

Gain, Low, Mid, High, Vol

Channel 1: 3, 10, 10.5, 2, 10
    Channel 2: 3, 12, 10.5, 2, 10
    Channel 3: 3, 12, 10.5, 1.5, 10
    Pres 1,2, & 3: All set to 2

• jeddie.

Re YJM
    Not so much problems more the combination of high output guitars, the built in boost and the built in attenuator caused overloading problems whereby the sound got horribly mushy at medium gain levels.
    Remove any one of those 3 things and it just sings.
    I did the profiles with the attenuator off (my god its loud) and I loved the sound.
    I also loved it with either an sd1 or a TS9 with the built in attenuator.
    I loved the built in boost with a Rockcrusher attenuator.
    Overall I preferred the Rockcrusher to the built in attenuator, which just refuses to allow the power amp tubes to go into that lovely squidgy power amp distortion.

Re 5153 profiles...

OK will do.

The last ones I did after seeing a pic of his amp with sharpie marks on it, but I think this is slightly different so will do them anyway.

Cheers

Andy

• Thanks SGP! Both for the detailed review of the amp and the profiles to come.
    Really looking forward to those - not in a hurry though - so take your time :)

Weird, I just pmd Spence about the Matrix coaxials...

You can PM anyone that is set to recieve PM's on this board but you need to activate PM's in your profile settings to be able to recieve PM's.
    You can do this in "My profile -> Settings -> Communications -> (check) Enable reception of private messages"

schneidas
    Alas I no longer have the YJM as stated above.
    The profiles I have work very well with Tylers 1960 cabs if thats any consolation re the speakers.

Thanks, I figured it was kinda late for this request. It was a request by another user who can't post in that thread yet.

• Hi Guys,
    Personally I think the YJM100 is just about the best amp to come out of marshall for some time. I did an extensive review on this product on my website and communicated with the designer directly regarding various aspects of the YJM.
    Honestly, it sounds (at least to me) awesome with the power reduction (or without), the overdrive (which is adjustable on the back) and the noise gate either in our out.

for those of you that want to read the very extensive review with Santiago Alvarez comments (the designer) then visit this link... maybe you will learn something from the review (or not) but Im sure you will learn something form the designers comments as he sets a few things right in the review.
    heres the link : http://www.tonymckenzie.com/yjm100_review.htm

Hope you all like it. I kept mine :)

Careful I'm watching you...

• Hey Tony,
    It was actually your review and profiles that pointed me towards the YJM.
    On looking back over what I said about it, it can look as if Im being very critical of the amp.
    That is not the case, I love the amp and agree it is probably the best amp Marshall have done for a long time.
    Its just the combination of built in attenuator, boost and my evh guitars didn't work together as well as I would have liked, and in the end that meant returning it, as without using the extras I figured I would be better with a bog standard plexi.
    With my Les Paul it was fantastic, but the evh are my gigging guitars and are high output and dark sounding.
    It really turned me on to the plexi sound though, and Im looking to buy one.
    Unattenuated, that sound is something all rock guitarists need to experience at some time in their life, just absolutely gorgeous.

• Hi Guys,
    Personally I think the YJM100 is just about the best amp to come out of marshall for some time. I did an extensive review on this product on my website and communicated with the designer directly regarding various aspects of the YJM.
    Honestly, it sounds (at least to me) awesome with the power reduction (or without), the overdrive (which is adjustable on the back) and the noise gate either in our out.

for those of you that want to read the very extensive review with Santiago Alvarez comments (the designer) then visit this link... maybe you will learn something from the review (or not) but Im sure you will learn something form the designers comments as he sets a few things right in the review.

Tony, your opinions are always welcome, you are a very trustworthy and reliable source :thumbup:

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Hi Guys,

Hi Tony,

i really love your YJM profile. Though i changed the cab it is my favorite solo tone on the KPA :thumbup:

• OK
    Dropbox file here (64 profiles)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55560387/YJM.zip

Please bear in mind I have not yet sorted all the profiles to remove the wheat from the chaff. They have not been labelled as I have yet to decide which ones are 'worthy' of keeping.

Some are DI profiles, some with the palmer speaker sim and some with a 5153 cab and a variety of mics
    I have also got a load of cab profiles to sort too.

• Awesome I will check these out today! For a perpetual sick guy like myself I don't really get excited, but a glimmer of joy is shining through after seeing this post! Thank you!

I'm an EVH guitar guy as well! Which one do you have? I have a stealth and it's super smooth! I still like the 15" radius fretboard of the peaveys though.... I felt like I could play much better on those, but thats probably just from a psychological standpoint.

• jeddie

I have a black evh Wolfgang USA as my main gigging guitar and a white wolfgang special as backup (although Ive never actually had to use it).
    I just love the USA, it plays like butter. The special is a lot of guitar for the money though.

• Awesome yeah my USA model plays like butter. I bought a special a while back and the nut height was way too high so I sold it. I would have to cut the nut shelf in order to get it right and I don't have the tools for that. I read somewhere specials are a hit or miss on setup. You have to actually pick one out at a store. I also have the "Les Paul" Wolfgang and it's incredible. The action is lower than the normal model, because of the cut nut. They cut it really low so it's also a great player!

• Hi Guys,

Well thats cool - at least you had a blast with it I reckon from this reply :)
    I still have mine and like it the best of the Marshall's I have ...

Careful I'm watching you...