5.6.2.13481 **Spring Reverb** Preview Public Beta Discussion

• @heldal

I think you are asking that the Kemper company create and maintain official Beta Discussion threads.

Only a Kemper employee would have access to the information you are requesting.

Ideally I would like to see such information shared from the manufacturer. I'm coming from the open-source-community and have only positive experiences from running public bug-trackers where the public at least have access at least to the part of the information deemed suitable for public consumption. There are examples of commercial entities following suit, but it obviously requires some resources to filter proprietary vs public information. A company who do this properly and thus demonstrate that customer care is a priority are much more likely to get me as a customer than others who do not.

I'm not suggesting that the forum in any way should replace Kemper support, only that someone maintains a list of problems known to the community, when the manufacturer doesn't share that information. There are many examples of such on user-forums for various products. These are often moderated by a manufacturers representative, but it may also just as well be a volunteer doing so. Some people report problems on the forum after having made requests to support, which makes the information available not only to Kempers staff.

• Besides - FYI - there is only ONE official place to file bugs, and that is the contact form on the main kemper homepage - NOT the forum.

I'm not suggesting that the forums should replace Kemper support. I'm only suggesting that we somehow organise the information from those who report problems on the forum after submitting information to Kemper a little better.

• As always, don't use beta versions if you're doing anything critical

My comment wasn't only intended to be about betas. Anyone with more than a tiny bit of experience from development knows that bug-free software is an illusion. For production gear (computers, music-gear etc) I don't even load a new formal release until it has gained a positive track-record. An organised list of known bugs and issues is thus equally important for release-software as it is for a beta.

• I might be in the minority here, and understand it's far from best practice (actually not even advisable at all), but personally have no concerns using a minor beta update of a previous proven stable firmware for live use (5.5.2 stable compared to 5.6.2 Beta for example) after we've done a run through with it at practice.

I wouldn't however use a brand new major fw beta revision (if a 6.0.0 Beta for example was available) until it was proven stable and released as a new OS. That could get ugly!

Any complex software has potential to crash, but the guys at Kemper seem to have a great track record implementing new minor revision features without totally sinking the ship.

Still loving the Spring Verb beta. I wasnt one of the guys howling at the moon for that effect to be added, but now its here - I'm using it a bunch! Very cool!

• i might be in the minority, but each time i listen to the samples, the sound hudge for playing alone to create ambience sounds. But for live Situations most of the time i turn off reverb. I don't know if i can use them in my workflow.

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Depends. In a full band with lots of musicians you can use this special stuff (same goes for delays ... not easy if you are in a trio).

I use reverbs on live lead sounds and very little on rhythm sounds as well. But the KPA reverb was good enough for this. I will see what I can use BUT: IF you need spring reverb for e.g. surf or other stuff, then this update will save you lots of $$$.

• Ok, I had a chance finally to listen to all the videos (trips, graduation parties, and a "honey do" list so long I may never finish).

Amazing.

My favorites are the "Natural Reverbs" though. Just ..... wow.

• <p>
    </p>

Lots of killer demos of the Beta spring reverb, but thought I'd throw one up in a full live band setting. The spring sounds pretty damn legit to me. This is from last night and the song kinda shows it well with lots of single stabs with a pretty clean tone etc.

I don't use any external effects anymore. No need. Everything is Kemper (bass too!) and it seems to work well.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sounds very good! Do you recall the settings you had going on there?

• I fount a small glitch yesterday , when having the spring verb in preamp position , if you setup a trem before and disengage it, you get a really boosted gainy tone that is really cool, but it last only for 2 or 3 seconds.

It's stange because the spring seems to take away lots of gain to a given amp profile , and that bug sets it back again ?(

• Greetings -- maybe I've found a bug worth discussing WRT Spring Reverb 5.6.2.13481B...?

I took one of TJ's profiles, loaded the SR into the DLY module and the Pure Booster into the X module. The PB stopped working, except to sound progressively awful as I cranked the effect volume towards 5.0.

It mattered not if I activated/deactivated DLY. It didn't matter if I moved the SR into MOD.

When I removed the SR from the rig, the PB in X started working again.

Now, then. When I loaded the SR in MOD and the PB in DLY, the PB worked as expected.

To be clear: It seems that at this time the PB cannot work as designed if it is loaded in front of the SR.

Issue KA00153752 raised.

Edited once, last by timtrace ().

• Thought someone might appreciate this vintage fuzz Rig i just made. I tried to make the sound of a fuzz pedal where the battery is starting to die; that spitty, almost bit-crushy type. Enjoy (or don't ;) )

Edit: works best with a bridge single coil!
    Edit edit: due to Frank’s issue, I have deleted the Rig to check it and reupload. Very odd

Edited 3 times, last by sambrox ().

• Thought someone might appreciate this vintage fuzz Rig i just made. I tried to make the sound of a fuzz pedal where the battery is starting to die; that spitty, almost bit-crushy type. Enjoy (or don't ;) )

Edit: works best with a bridge single coil!

Hi Sam, I tried to load this rig but it damages my rm (shut down rm by an error). I tried to import some other profiles and it works fine.

I am on the latest beta. Some else with this issue?

Cheers
    Frank