5.6.2.13481 **Spring Reverb** Preview Public Beta Discussion

• What a great surprise to awake to this morning! I've been too busy to see this til now. Can't wait to load it and "kick it" @Robrecht! (yes, I used to start 'Journey to the Center of Your Mind' by kicking my Fender tank back in the day). Thanks so much Kemper team, you're awesome as usual!!

Gary ô¿ô

• Get this when I boot. Did work the very first time. Have a midi-sport 2x2 connected and this comes right after it says "Midi controller connected". If I disconnect midi it boots.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Try this profile

Hi Sam,

I haven't had the opportunity to try the profile you recommended, yet. However, looking at the save/creation date, it appears that it predates the release of the new Spring Reverb. I thought you had offered this profile, in response to @patrick2099 request for help in dialing in the new Spring Reverb settings in order to get the sound of a vintage Fender reverb amp:

What settings are you guys using to emulate some of the Fender reverb amps?

Sorry for my misunderstanding (again, I haven't had opportunity to review the profile), but my assumption (perhaps incorrect?) is that the profile wouldn't feature the new Spring Reverb, given the date/time stamp. Would you clarify.

Cheers,
    John

• Get this when I boot. Did work the very first time. Have a midi-sport 2x2 connected and this comes right after it says "Midi controller connected". If I disconnect midi it boots.

Please report this to Kemper Support.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Too much highs?

For me yes and I just think it should be adjustable rather than preset. If you listen to those classic records you hear the “dripstone” effect and you hear a good amount of treble in the signal itself but the drip is often darker or more muffled sounding, it somehow feels less “even”. It’s possible there’s another route to this sound?

Would there be any chance of an LFO for spring length? I love the effect you get while adjusting this setting.

Edited 2 times, last by Per ().

• I just think it should be adjustable rather than preset

I've felt this way about the rotary rate forever. Still do. I was told that's not the way a real Leslie works, soft or fast, that's it. Well by that logic, there are way too many variable settings on the new spring reverb compared to the original Fender Tank. I don't get the seemingly contradicting viewpoints and implementations on this.

Gary ô¿ô

• Hi John
    The profile was one I made of a 70’s Twin Reverb that sits in our rehearsal room. I made it as an afterthought with an SM58 once we’d started to pack up. It was made with my KPA and then tagged at the studio using Rig Manager on my offline computer. Once the beta was released, I added a spring reverb before and after the Stack and resaved. I exported again from my online computer this time. I’m not sure, but maybe the date is wrong on my studio computer? It features the spring at least, anyway!

• Hi JohnThe profile was one I made of a 70’s Twin Reverb that sits in our rehearsal room. I made it as an afterthought with an SM58 once we’d started to pack up. It was made with my KPA and then tagged at the studio using Rig Manager on my offline computer. Once the beta was released, I added a spring reverb before and after the Stack and resaved. I exported again from my online computer this time. I’m not sure, but maybe the date is wrong on my studio computer? It features the spring at least, anyway!

Ah, understood. Thanks for the info., Sam.

Cheers,
    John