5.6.2.13481 **Spring Reverb** Preview Public Beta Discussion

• With a fair amount of cautious skepticism slapped the beta spring reverb patch in lastnight and... wow. Possibly the best (and most logically tweakable) Spring Reverb effect I've ever heard. From playing with other spring reverb pedals it seems a genuinely convincing Spring is a dog of an effect to get right, and imo this Beta nails it.

It's a keeper! Awesome work Kemper team!

• I've updated to the latest beta using the preview spring edition and yet the presets are not showing for me in either effect/rev section. Hmmm

Hi MentaL,

Just to double-check...not sure if you had chance to read Burkhard's post #128 in this thread. Direct link, here:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…?postID=438354#post438354

Hope that may help. You definitely may want to double-check the Beta update firmware version number. Also, make sure you are not looking for the preset in the actual REVERB module. In other words, it should be available in modules A thru DLY...but not REVERB.

Cheers,
    John

• Not there, strange as it's clearly showing that I'm running on the spring edition. I'll just reflash ..

#EDIT

Reflashed the wrong version, FML .. lol... Third time a charm.

Edited once, last by MentaL ().

• spring verb is really great , I love it so far, you almost want to kick the KPA to hear the spring make a big storm noise ;)

I'm impressed !

I had to upgrade twice as the 1st upgrade was not complete.

Just a bug notice : if you dial the ducking parameter down , there is a strong cut in the tail , the tone is almost instantly muted.

I'm pretty sure KPA team is aware of this .

• Try this profile

WOW!! this profile is fantastic Sambrox! It includes all of the sounds and setup I was looking for with spring reverbs. It even nails the guitar sound from the "Bubba Ho-Tep" soundtrack (I suggest you check it out if you have never heard it, very haunting delay/reverb there...)

Can't say thanks enough!

Cheers,

• Sounds like it is time to bust out some "Surf Rider" and Dick Dale tones!

indeed, I had the urge need to make another version of an old track O'mine with the real spring verb feel and tone , what a difference in tone !

https://choon.co/tracks/45oq72egw1/insomnia-boogie-

( in this example the verb is pre - amp )

I always thought reverb is a core part of any guitar tone ,and I cannot record a dry guitar track . it's mandatory for me to have a cool reverb engaged to get the real feel and really get into playing.

The feel of standing next to your amp is much more real now, even with FRFR , and it really changes the way a profile reacts to your play.

I still have to test the post amp reverb config, and figure out what a stereo verb can add to a tone.

Anyone testing the post amp verb settings ?

• Try Sambrox's profile, it has the stereo reverb as well in it. Sounds wonderful and like a cavern especially with the delay engaged. I am like you as well, gotta have a reverb in the core sound, even if nothing else!

Cheers!

• I finally tried it on Sunday and really like it.. I'll wait for Elantric's review , to see how close they nailed a real 60's Fender reverb, as he has one he uses in his Surf Band

But it does sound really good, and agree it needs a tone on the drip

• @waraba - great tune, tone, everything very cool about it. It could use a bridge perhaps, but that's all. Like you a reverb is the first thing I put into any tweaked profile.

Curious - what profile and spring reverb settings did you use, default?

Gary ô¿ô

• @waraba - great tune, tone, everything very cool about it. It could use a bridge perhaps, but that's all. Like you a reverb is the first thing I put into any tweaked profile.

Curious - what profile and spring reverb settings did you use, default?

Thx for the kind words, yes the track is minimalist, and surely needs some enhancements, but back in the time I wrote this track , I was really in the middle of the night , working next day , so this session was surely one of the shortest I've done ... I prefer to leave it intact , it has a nervous feel I dig.

Regarding the profile , it's one my best free profile based on the lush tone of a mesa boogie subway blues I owned and profiled in the past ( the clean tone of this amp is really something) , check the original thread here

I Can surely upload it to the rig ex. as it was tweaked for this verb. I did tweak the verb too , with a slot post and pre amp to test diff configurations.

• I don't normally download any profiles with the word "Fender" in them, but now I have to. Wish I had something more appropriate than an LP to play it with though.

There's a very nice Showman rig in Bert Meulendijk's free rig pack available on the rig exchange. No doubt there are many others there as well.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• The new reverbs are coming soon....according to ToneJunkie TV..yay.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.