FW 5.6.2.13481 Public Beta Feedback Thread (Spring Reverb Preview)

• It high passes the signal (mentioned in the notes) this means of your guitar has a lot of low end going in it won’t drive the amp as much as the high pass removes frequencies, this lowering the overall volume of the signal. The plus side is that this results in a tighter less “flubby” sound usually.

• I am having difficulty downloading this new update. I tried through Rig Manager and it failed, RM is version 2.1.41 and I have tried updating to the 2.5. whatever and cannot locate it and yes I have Beta updates checked as well. Since that didn't work ( I tried about 3 times and same error). I then tried downloading the update onto my USB stick and load it that way. Same message file error cannot load. I am using a Mac Mini running Sierra Version 10.12.6 if that makes any difference. Any ideas on what else I can check?

Thanks in advance

Dan

• I am having difficulty downloading this new update. I tried through Rig Manager and it failed, RM is version 2.1.41 and I have tried updating to the 2.5. whatever and cannot locate it and yes I have Beta updates checked as well. Since that didn't work ( I tried about 3 times and same error). I then tried downloading the update onto my USB stick and load it that way. Same message file error cannot load. I am using a Mac Mini running Sierra Version 10.12.6 if that makes any difference. Any ideas on what else I can check?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Hmm. I had to update RM first and even then, it took quitting it and opening maybe twice before the caught the update.

• I had a bit of difficulty installing this, inserting the flash drive kept locking up my Kemper. After several reboots it finally recognized the drive and asked if I wanted to install new OS. Took a long time and then checked all memory contents but now I'm good to go.

I'm loving this verb! Thanks so much Mr. C.K.!

• Anyone having trouble with Pure boost after installing Spring reverb preview?

Yes - in a couple of cases my Pure Boost stomp has stopped working with the new reverb. It doesn't actually boost the signal.

I've just re- added the PB to the same Stomp slot and it starts working again.

• I've been i contact with the support. Here is the reply:

I couldn't reproduce that.
    On my Profiler pure boost is working while the Spring Reverb is implemented and turn on.
    To check it, turn on the pure boost stomp while the spring reverb is also turned on and play your instrument and control the volume of the pure boost to hear the difference.

• It definitely happened to me on 2 profiles. They were existing profiles that had the boost pedal already configured. When I realised it wasn't working I went into edit on the boost stomp, but no matter how high I set the volume it wasn't higher than with the boost off. As soon as I removed and re- added the boost it worked perfectly again.

• I have encountered a bug - maybe. I have the spring reverb locked in slot C. A delay is locked in the Delay-slot. When I turn off the delay and choose a different delay for the Mod-slot, the output is cut. The cure for now is a reboot.

• I updated to this patch today and I've been having endless issues. I've never had a single issue with my kemper for six months until this patch. It seems while I'm playing that the kemper freezes. I'm still able to play but I am unable to press any of the buttons on the kemper itself as well as my kemper remote screen turns black and non responsive. The only way to reset everythjng is to turn it off and back on. Has been multiple times now. Seems it's noisier too. :/

• same here if i scroll thru the rigs the KPA freezes
    umnot able to switch it off cause the chicken head dont work too
    always have to unplug the AC then it will shut down and start again
    but will freeze again if I change something on the panel

opened up a support ticket

• same here if i scroll thru the rigs the KPA freezes
    umnot able to switch it off cause the chicken head dont work too
    always have to unplug the AC then it will shut down and start again
    but will freeze again if I change something on the panel

opened up a support ticket

That’s really strange. Mine works like a charm and think every kpa has the same hardware, so why do some freeze and some not? Are you connected to rm when the kpa freezes? Would be good to know exactly what the issue was.