'Heard' Dumble pack by Norbury brook

• nice email from a new purchaser:

Hi,

I downloaded the Dumble profiles and all I can say is WOW!!

I was seriously considering selling my kemper and going back to a tubeamp again. I just couldn’t get great convincing tube like tones from theprofiles I have.

Once I installed the Dumble profiles into my kemper and startedplaying my guitar through it, I was truly impressed. I tweaked some of the ampsettings and it is like playing a great tube amp.

Not sure how you were able to capture the sounds with such realism andclarity.

Thanks so much for your great work!!!!!

• Wow, I like your profiles, but I would most certainly not want my emails - with my full name - published on a forum.

Even if he consented to have his name and mail published for advertising purposes, I still wouldn't do that, for basic data protection reasons.

• Wow, I like your profiles, but I would most certainly not want my emails - with my full name - published on a forum.

Even if he consented to have his name and mail published for advertising purposes, I still wouldn't do that, for basic data protection reasons.

Unless it comes from a real person I could have written it myself. If you'd written a review and asked me not to post it then I wouldn't post it on a forum. Most people who contact me are happy to spread the word. what data protection? it's just a name? people know my name, why the need to hide? seriously what's the problem here? I'm sure there are more than one person in the world with the same name even.

I'm just trying to make great profiles here from great amps and not charge a fortune I'd have to sell 2000 profiles just to pay for the microphones. I've still sold less than 100 of this profile.

Marcus

• Ok, you know I'm trustworthy, you surely wouldn't mind giving me your credit card details, right? I promise I'll keep them to myself.

Seriously, though, I'm fairly certain that, even as a small business, there are data protection laws to follow.

If you would like to find out "what data protection", you could start here, then dig deeper.

• Unless it comes from a real person I could have written it myself. If you'd written a review and asked me not to post it then I wouldn't post it on a forum. Most people who contact me are happy to spread the word. what data protection? it's just a name? people know my name, why the need to hide? seriously what's the problem here? I'm sure there are more than one person in the world with the same name even.
    I'm just trying to make great profiles here from great amps and not charge a fortune I'd have to sell 2000 profiles just to pay for the microphones. I've still sold less than 100 of this profile.

Marcus

Chill out. You're being very defensive and no one is attacking you.

People won't normally ask for you to keep their full-name/email address private, because they (rightfully so) assume that you will protect it. It's kind of like showing a friend your new car, and then saying "don't steal it though, ok?". You wouldn't have to say that, because it's understood. It is implicit.

If is unfortunate that you are having such a hard time understanding this (I see you have edited your post, thank God), but it's really very simple. There is no need for you to take offense. Just acceptance and an apology. There are things called "forum etiquette", "social contracts", and "personal data protection laws", all of which you are completely dismissing.

When I first saw this thread I thought "I have to get these". But...upon reading, I would have been hesitant to buy your profiles when you posted the email/name. But when you defended it, instead of correcting and apologizing immediately, you lost me completely. We all make mistakes. Our attitude when someone calls us on them is very telling.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

Edited once, last by Locrain ().

• OK, If I've caused offence then I apologise.

I'm still not sure what I did wrong here so could someone explain;

1: I got an email from a person who bought my profiles saying nice things.

2: I asked him if I could post this on the forum

3: He replied saying yes , I could and I could use it on my website etc or anywhere

I'm having difficulty seeing what I did wrong here.

I did feel like I was being attacked for doing something wrong, hence I felt the need to defend my actions and not apologise.

As I said if I need to apologise then here it is, I'm just not sure what I'm apologising for.

Marcus

• 3: He replied saying yes , I could and I could use it on my website etc or anywhere

Marcus

Did you discuss the public use of his full name/email address...?

...This isn't difficult Marcus.

Edit:

I did feel like I was being attacked for doing something wrong, hence I felt the need to defend my actions and not apologise.

This is not a good move.

Edit: To clarify: Which matters more to you: How you feel? Or how much you sell? Because it's very obvious that one of those is going to take a hit.

Edit 2: I sometimes provide "beta-test feedback" as well as demo clips to certain profilers on the forum. They know not to post my name/email, just the same way I know not to share/pirate the profiles they are kind enough to send to me. Guess what? None of us have ever had to bring any of that up, because it's just common courtesy.

Sometimes, often in another country, I will find myself apparently ignorant of common courtesy. Regardless of what I think about the "rule" I have violated, I'd have to be a madman to argue. Instead I do my best to...listen...back off...and learn.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

Edited 2 times, last by Locrain ().

• I never posted any details other than his name which he was perfectly fine for me to use. Hence me being surprised at the reaction. I removed his name and apologised above.

My point about a random quote with no name I think still stands. An endorsement without the persons name is completely meaningless.

I could write anything myself and post here, Having got permission fist and then posting surely means you can see I'm not spamming or shilling like a lot of people do.

seriously , If someone gives me permission to use their name and an endorsement how have I stepped over their data protection?

I have a long list of email addresses form people who bought the JM/SSS profiles. I've never used their Emails to try and sell new ones. Why? because I didn't want to feel intrusive because I know what that's like. Business people would say I was mad not to use a data base of emails of current 'clients' to sell new product but I'm not doing this for those reasons.

If I'm anything as a human being, I'm honest and have integrity, any one who knows me would tell you that.

humbly

Marcus

• ...ok...

Just asking again...so, you in fact do have correspondence between you two, in which you asked him if it was ok to use his full name in regards to promotion of his clip, and he said yes?

Or did he volunteer it?

Or are you squirming when you should just say..."my bad".

There is a saying, "you can be right, or you can be happy".

I'll translate for this situation: "You can be right, or you can make money".

Well?

@norburybrook Marcus...you seem like a nice guy...no one here thinks you are a scammer. Personal information is legally guarded for a reason. If you can't understand that at least, I hope for your sake that you never become big enough for this (honestly horrible) attitude towards the concept of customer privacy to bite you in the ass. Because at some point it will. And if the victim can prove misdeeds on your part (they'd just have to show a judge this thread), it might not be very cheap for you.

In other words, we're just trying to help. Take it.

• yes I have correspondence between us where I asked him in regards to promotion on this very forum by posting his Email. I was given the right to use it anywhere.

I understand that statement very well as my wife is a councillor/Psychotherapist so have had years of being around the world of Psychotherapy/Personal growth/Help etc :D

I use it in my life everyday.

Part f the reason of my defensiveness was the fact that compared to most 3rd part seller here I really don't play the commercial game. I sort of did this as a side-line when I got sick last year and couldn't work for 2 months. I did the shop recently to help overseas buyers who were getting stung by new paypal rules, it makes no difference to me I don't get more money but the customer pays less so I did it for them. I now get 2 emails to deal with per sale instead of one :D I could, with my connections really go to town with this in a commercial way because I know my profiles are some of the best out there, but I'm a working pro musician and that's my focus.

I'm very happy to keep low key and know I'm doing a great job with what I do making some of the best profiles of some of the best amps.

MC

• Would you mind posting a screenshot of the part where you asked (why would you???) and he gave permission (why would he???) to use his full name in combination with promotion of your profiles using his clips?

IOTW, does he really want to get his name out there, or did you realize you fucked up, edited it out, and found yourself unable to accept and apologize for a very small mistake that has turned into more business lost than gained?

• No, I think you've "helped" yourself enough.

Btw, that was an answer, even though you didn't mean it.

...how do you not see that when you're typing it...?

Goodnight and good luck Marcus.

• Taken to PM. By request.

Edit: ...apparently not...

Edited once, last by Locrain ().

• Ok, I Marcus of norburybrook profiles:

apologise for using an email from GF as an endorsement of my heard pack.

I was given the rights to do so by GF but apparently I was wrong to do so on this forum.

Regards

Marcus

p.s If anyone has issues with my customer service please email me directly so I can sort it out ASAP. It's just me, so sometimes due to time differences and my working schedule it can take a few hours to get profiles sent out.

• apologise for using an email from GF as an endorsement of my heard pack.

I was given the rights to do so by GF but apparently I was wrong to do so on this forum.

8|8|

Did you discuss the public use of his full name...?

...This isn't difficult Marcus.

If you did that previously, fine. If not, not fine. Not hard. Peace out. 8|