'Heard' Dumble pack by Norbury brook

• the 'Heard' Dumble pack.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The amp is a 50w clone of Robben Fords famous Dumble ODS#102 and has been made with custom wound tranformers,6ps Orange drop caps, Dale RND plate resistors, F&T electroyltic power caps, carbon film and carbon comp resistors in the correct places to make a beautiful ODS amplifier.
    The two speaker cabinets i the pack are: the 1x12 EVM12-L cabinet that is sealed and ported and is the choice of Larry Carlton. The other is the classic 2x12 Dumble cab with 2x Celestion G12-65 speaker as used by Robber ford.
    They have been mic'd with a 1960's Vintage U67 (serial number 115). A classic Sure Sm57 and a handmade Ribbon microphone along the lines of a Royer 121.
    The profiles are studio and D.I. I haven't done merged this time as it seems pointless as you can make your own merged profiles from the Di abd studio profiles or mix and match with other cabs to make your own with the Di.
    this is the amp I used on my solo album 'Heard' mic'd in exactly the same way.

https://marcuscliffe.bandcamp.com/

Naming protocol;
    amp name......input gain....OD/Boost/mid/bright settings....master volume
    The amp has an input level.
    Bright switch
    Mid boost(labled deep)
    tone stack
    OD amount
    OD/Clean blend
    Master volume
    Prescence
    Footswitch for the OD and the Boost( the boost is thin on this amp mainly for neck humbuckers)

Also there are profiles with input gain/OD/Boost/master volume
    there are also profiles with just the boost engaged which is a tone stack bypass and some bass sent to ground to thin out the sound.
    There are a lot of variety of settings, so look for 'mid' or 'bright' and EQ+ which is a scooped fender like EQ setting.
    Also note that the profile with everything on 8 is driving the whole amp so the 'clean' sound is still gritty.
    I've also added a profile with the 'Dumbleator' in the FX loop. This is a valve buffered FX driver which by itself adds and extra level of tone and compression and some say is part of the Dumble sound.
    The amp is very touch sensitive, so it will respond to your picking dynamics and the volume control of your guitar, so you could choose an OD setting but roll the volume back on your guitar for a clean/crunch. Experiment and see what you can find.
    The first 100 people will have a Joey Landreth folder. There are the profiles of the amp he used in London in 2017.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A bluesmaster. There's also another #102 amp and cab mic'd differently.
    Any questions please feel free to ask: [email protected]

web shop: https://norburybrook.bigcartel.com/

DIRECT DOWNLOADS NOW FROM MY WEB SITE

https://www.marcuscliffe.com/d-mble-heard-80-s-ods-pack

paypal: [email protected] £9.99 for the pack or for £14.99 you can get the pack with a full quality 'Heard' album download from Bandcamp. First 100 get the special Joey Landreth amp included.

thanks Marcus

• thanks guys.

listen to the first soundcould clip. Its my telecaster with a P90 in the neck and a Seymour Duncan little 59 in the bridge. The whole clip is the bridge pickup and the amp on 8 pre and the overdrive in and the master at 8 , so pretty dimed. The whole thing is just done with dynamic picking and volume on the guitar. It goes from clean to OD with crunch in between just on dynamics. Really goeas to show what the 'Dumble' does best. You have to work it to get the best out of it. It's the same profile with the 335 neck and bridge humbuckers, yes feedback from a kemper :D

M

• thanks everyone. The orders that came in through the night have now all been sent out.

I'll add, the profiles are 'raw' . There's a compressor in slot A and a delay and reverb so I'd probably use those in a studio/live situation. The sounds on the album are dry from the amp with some compression/EQ delay/reverb added in the studio. All these things you can do with the Kemper but I thought it best to have the best basic sound and you can do with it as you please. It is a very versatile amplifier and covers a lot of sonic possibities in one amp.

M