'Heard' Dumble pack by Norbury brook

• That's probably the foreign transaction/currency conversion fee.

ah. A bit of a ripoff like a 25% tax. They already overcharge a bit for money conversion. Even using a credit card with no foreign transaction fees they charge almost $4 US to use it

• I think even if I had time to set up a web site the shop side would probably use paypal anyway so there might still be the same issue.

I wasn't aware of a separate $3 currency charge until recently. Obviously I loose on my end as well as Paypal take a cut of the money you send as a charge to me unless it was friends and family but 99% didn't do it that way hence I stopped it this time.

At some point I need to get my web site back up and running and include a shop. I'm on the road at the moment touring and have had a busy year up to now so just haven't had the time. I thought it better to get the profiles out this was as it seemed to work fine for the JM pack, there was the odd bit of confusion but apart from no one using friends and family it worked :D

if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears, as they say.

Marcus

• i don't recall paying the extra percentage fee in the past when i bought your profiles, maybe i was just on a bigger budget haha

i've never paid a conversion fee using paypal from a web store that was taking paypal (at least that i was aware of). i looked in to setting up a site in the past, and some others should chime in but i thought those bigcartel sites were free if you have a small number of items for sale. Also i know the official cameron amps profiles were trying to get on Reverb.com, i'm not sure if they were successful...but they charge a similar percent take of any sale so wouldn't help the buyer because you'd have to up your prices :) i can look in to the big cartel for you some more...

• I've a feeling this charge is new as I hadn't had anyone comment before when I released the JM pack. To add a basic 'shop' to a web site costs about $15/month here in the UK on top of the usual costs. I'd paid up front for 3 years with iconosites only to find they went bust and lost my money and my site recently!!

M

• conversion rates from euros to pounds too. About two euros. Many buyers may be from Europe or the States, so we may be handing out some dough when you do the maths. That won't happen when using PayPal through a shop. Some credit cards also charge conversion rates. Anyway, no serious complaint here. I'll try the profiles today. I've never played a real Dumble, so I won't be able to judge how close they are to the real thing, but I have some Dumble or Dumble -clone profiles already, and I think both profiles and the real Dumbles can vary a lot. Not to mention the players being different. Carlton, Bonamassa etc sound all great but very different.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• conversion rates from euros to pounds too. About two euros. Many buyers may be from Europe or the States, so we may be handing out some dough when you do the maths. That won't happen when using PayPal through a shop. Some credit cards also charge conversion rates. Anyway, no serious complaint here. I'll try the profiles today. I've never played a real Dumble, so I won't be able to judge how close they are to the real thing, but I have some Dumble or Dumble -clone profiles already, and I think both profiles and the real Dumbles can vary a lot. Not to mention the players being different. Carlton, Bonamassa etc sound all great but very different.

the profiling process is the thing that makes or breaks the end profile. Your mic choice, placement , blend etc are crucial. It's exactly the same as if you were recording the amp except you cant use distant room mics. You could take a great amp into a poor studio or with a poor engineer and you'll get a poor sounding result.

I will look into a shop/web site as I have 4 other amps in my collection I will eventually profile.

M

• Hmm. They still charge? Does it show up before or after the actual purchase? I’ve definitely purchased from dealers using foreign currencies and I don’t remember having to pay. Maybe a new PayPal policy or something I never noticed?