'Heard' Dumble pack by Norbury brook

• I did feel like I was being attacked for doing something wrong, hence I felt the need to defend my actions and not apologise.

You did something wrong, but I didn't 'attack' you, I pointed it out. As one of your existing customers. Trying to be helpful, actually.

Here in Ireland it's very common for small business owners to take inexpensive 'Start Your Own Business' courses, to figure out how to deal with the more unpleasant side of business, like taxes and trade laws.

• You did something wrong, but I didn't 'attack' you, I pointed it out. As one of your existing customers. Trying to be helpful, actually.

Here in Ireland it's very common for small business owners to take inexpensive 'Start Your Own Business' courses, to figure out how to deal with the more unpleasant side of business, like taxes and trade laws.

Ok, thanks I appreciate the comments and will take all this on board :D I realise I am now actually running a small business so yes, you're right I need to make sure I keep abreast of all these kind of things.

In some ways, it's a sign of success :D which I hope will be a good thing.

thanks everyone. apologies again if I upset people.

I think this coming week I may get chance to profile the '70 'David Lindley' Dumble combo before I take a well earned holiday with my family.

Marcus :D

• Ok, thanks I appreciate the comments and will take all this on board :D I realise I am now actually running a small business so yes, you're right I need to make sure I keep abreast of all these kind of things.
    In some ways, it's a sign of success :D which I hope will be a good thing.

thanks everyone. apologies again if I upset people.

Marcus

Thanks Marcus, that's good of you to try and see our viewpoint. And you're right about all that: You are actually running you own small business (!), and you do need to keep abreast of these things (good for you for recognizing this), and it IS a sign of success, absolutely. Well-deserved, I'm sure.

I don't think you upset anyone, honestly we were really trying to help protect both you, and the customer.

Best of luck man, if I need any more Dumble sounds I will definitely take a look at your stuff. :)

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• thanks guys , the internet and written word is a minefield sometimes and it's easy to miss judge peoples written words, we communicate with a lot of subtlety person to person and that get's lost.

I have a lawyer (who is actually a judge) so I'm going to see her next week and just check this stuff out for future reference.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's resolution here, I don't like leaving things unresolved so thank you all again for an adult end to all this and back to what matters...great tone and making music :D

MC

• Lesson from this story... If you like Marcus profiles, don't email him, just post on the forum to spread the word. :P

And Marcus, it's fine to email customers who already bought your profiles to let them know that you created new profiles and that they're available to buy. It's very common practice, everyone does that. You could even reward your existing customers by giving them small discounts, that's very common also. :D

Keep making great profiles!!!

• I haven't used the Dumbleator with this as it wasn't around in the 70's so the classic tones were made without it as the original amp only had a pre amp out.

I can do one today actually as I'm nearly finished and haven't dotted all the i's and crossed the t's yet and this amp does have an FX send return as a modification.

It's not as smooth sounding an amp as the later 80's 4th generation ODS, but it has a certain something and David Lindley used the FET to great use.

I'm going to call it the 'Running on empty' pack as it's the amp David Lindley used for all that wonderful Jackson Brown material.

I've also added a great little bonus for the first 100...again :D

I watched this the other day.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    at around 37:00 you'll see joe talking about his rig. 50w Dumbles and Tweed amps together. What's interesting is he has the Dumbles set on the 'Jazz' setting and in permanent OD mode and has the tweeds dimed so they blend together well and respond nicely to guitar volume, cleaning up well. I've never used the 'jazz' OD setting with my #102 ODS (80's) so I replicated the set up. I also have a Dumble tweed and a Lehle P split so copied the settings in the video. I blended both amp setups through a mixer and replicated the slight chorus/delay in the kemper loop FX to give the widening effect he has because that can't be profiled, but in the end I have a great JOBO 2018 profile now. So that will be my bonus for this pack.

should be up by the end of today.

Marcus

• Very cool. Which rig is that? I don't see one by that name.

it's the 80's ODS-Heard pack.

https://www.marcuscliffe.com/d-mble-heard-80-s-ods-pack

I called it that to tie in with the release of my new album called 'heard' which was recorded using that setup, no pedals, just gtr-cable-amp-speaker.

It's an amazing, versatile and unique amp, as Larry Carlton is finding out :D

M

• Yes, I have that pack, but was wondering which rigs in it he's using ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer