'Heard' Dumble pack by Norbury brook

• That's pretty damn cool, "Hey, where's your Dumble"? "Oh, no biggie, Larry Carlton is borrowing it"! Haha, love it! Killer man, and killer sounding pack too!

it was a trip :D

So I'm cooking dinner and about to put my spaghetti in the pan and I get a phone call from a friend, I'm with Larry Carlton and his amps haven't arrived, let me pass you on to Larry...…………..

LC: Hi it's Larry

me: Hi Larry , how's it going?

LC; Not great...…….

me; er...yes well I'd heard...….

LC: I've tried 6 rental amps and they're all rubbish

me: Yes well rental companies don't care about tone just so long as they work.

LC: so you've got some great amps I hear.

me: Yes, do you want to borrow them?

LC: really?

me: Sure, no problem.

M

• Awesome, just simply AWESOME!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Great story and picture, and gets us a step closer to being able to get something I can't understand why it isn't available yet. Why hasn't some enterprising individual profiled a famous guitarist's amp and sold those profiles? Such as Robben Ford's Dumble or a Hendrix Marshall? Something from a legendary recording for example. There have been a few close to this (such as Top Jimi's profile of one of Paul Gilbert's old modded Marshalls), but nothing truly outstanding I can recall. It would be great to have profiles of Marshall #1 in all its non-cabinet glory.

Frankly I would love to hear some recordings of Carlton using Marcus' Dumble, and then play the amp's profiles to see how close they sound. That would be big fun.

BTW Marcus, got both of your Dumble ODS packs, and love them!!

• If I buy this will I instantly sound like Larry ? Go on please say it will be so. Larry has been one of my heros since I was about 15 years old (and that wasn't yesterday ;))

• Hi!

I just spent an hour playing and jamming along with Larry Carlton's album "Session Masters" and using my Collings I-35LC and the Heard profiles I can get extremely close to Mr Carlton's sound. While I don't sound like LC, it actually sound like I'm borrowing his gear. Having great fun here and getting inspired to write more tunes.

Cheers,

Mats N

• thanks Matts, I'd say that's 'job done' then from my end :D

It's posts like this that keep me going, so thankyou again.

I'm still debating the next amp to do. I'm on the fence about a 'Paisley pack' which would be a trainwreck rocket/Z-wreck amp and 2x12 alnico modelled on Brad Paisley's amps or the 'Tweedle Dee' , Dumbles version of the tweed deluxe as favoured by the likes of Kenny Wayne shepherd.

:D they're both killer amps in their own way.

M

• I have now been at the KPA for a few hours exploring some possibilities and for you guys who bought this Heard pack and also got Michael Britt's D-pack, I can thoroughly recommend you try the MBritt rigs using Martin's Cabinets. Enormous fun and such good sounds to be heard. Both packs are excellent on their own merits but mixing and matching gives me the best and most dynamic Dumble sounds to date.

EDIT: I have now also tried a few of my favourite clean profiles with Martin's Continuum cabinets and that also generated a few new rigs for me.

Cheers,

Mats N

• thanks Mats,

It's Marcus not Martin by the way :D

Marcus

• Hi Marcus , I finally managed to test the ODS and it had a instant room on my recording lineup , I barely had anything to mix as it's great on his own and really cutting the mix.

I used a slight boost ( nitrogen 21 color fuzz) on ODS6 FET on the leads of this track

highly recommended set :)

thanks man, it's a great amp, as confirmed by the Dumble guru that is Larry Carlton :D . I think the profiles represent the amp in a great way. I have a very famous guitarist who I can't mention with this profile set in his favourite folder on his Kemper.

I'm hoping next year to be able to go public with this :D

Marcus