Compressor

• I’m having a really rough time finding a compressor I like in the Kemper. I’ve gotten rid of all of my pedals, except the compressor. Does anybody have a compressor setting they really like? I’m looking for the position 2/4 on a strat punchiness, like John Mayer has on his clean tones. I also play a lot of country. Any help would be appreciated!

• I second the suggestion above, but honestly, I think the compressors are easily the strongest of the KPA's (mostly good but not amazing) FX.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• i can recommend to look into some of the free rig packs of Bert Meulendijk and Michael Britt. Look for setted compressor ( normally in slo A or B) and store it as a compressor preset when you like the settings.

•  Compressor
    This “Compressor” parameter is different from the stomp compressor, because it is a part of the simulated amp circuit. In other words, it allows for completely different sounds compared to compressors that are inserted before (pre) or after (post) the Amp Module. Distorted signals are not affected by compression; so only clean signals will be boosted. The dynamics of your playing are fully retained, so, purely by the strength of your picking, you can go from a crunchy sound to a compressed, clean sound. The volume knob on your guitar works exactly as you would expect: for instance, reducing the volume of your guitar will transform a dynamic crunch into a clean, compressed sound with full energy.

•  Compressor
    This “Compressor” parameter is different from the stomp compressor, because it is a part of the simulated amp circuit. In other words, it allows for completely different sounds compared to compressors that are inserted before (pre) or after (post) the Amp Module. Distorted signals are not affected by compression; so only clean signals will be boosted. The dynamics of your playing are fully retained, so, purely by the strength of your picking, you can go from a crunchy sound to a compressed, clean sound. The volume knob on your guitar works exactly as you would expect: for instance, reducing the volume of your guitar will transform a dynamic crunch into a clean, compressed sound with full energy.

This. A part of the simulated amp ciruit.
    Absolutly different to conpressors from stompboxes or 19“ equipment

• Have to say that the compressor in the amp circuit is eminently playable - especially for clean pickin' Country style ...

A bit like the old Orange Sqeezer by Dan Armstrong ....

Wish it was available in the stomp section - to 'drive and pump' other effects ....