[Selah Sounds] Official Kingsley Bastion 40 (Dumble ODS)

• Selah Sounds' Official Kingsley Bastion 40 is out now!

Simon Jarrett himself joined us in the studio for the profiling of this smooth, fat, and articulate amp. Based on a Dumble ODS, the Bastion 40 profiles capture both the 1st (clean) channel and 2nd (lead channel) and feature profiles for both Single Coil and Humbucker guitars.

Check it out here: https://www.selahsounds.com/profiles/kingsleybastion40

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I purchased the pack and there are some very good Dumbly tones in there! I have been interested in a Bastion for some time now but the 4 year wait list Kingsley is quoting on their site made me check these profiles out. Great profiles.

• the ODS is not a twin channel amp. The OD is a continuation of the clean channel , it's fed into an extra gain stage to give the OD, which is why the Dumble amp is sometimes hard to dial in as it's not twin channels so what ever you do eq wise to the clean always affects the OD sound. The 'HRM' added on some models was a way of Dumble trying to get around this by adding a separate tone stack for the OD.

Also John Mayer never used an ODS, he used a Wonderland (Dumbleland) or SSS, Larry Carlton's ODS is Bluesmaster, the Marshall rather than fender based circuit , I can't remember what Keith had but they're all very different amps.

M

• I’m not sure if this is Kingsley’s answer to a Dumble as I don’t know much about his amps, I’ve watched a lot of his videos and he definitely knows all about the Dumble circuit, I’ve been on the fence getting his maiden preamp and page ds pedals to get that type of tone. Unfortunately the wait is over a year and the the used ones cost 2x as much as a new one.

• Hey Chris, sorry for the late reply! Yes - this is essentially a Dumble ODS... fantastic amplifier. The Maiden is awesome as well... yes, it's a long wait list but Simon is speeding that up now and it is well worth the wait!