Using Kemper with a Marshall DSL40C

• I have the unpowered Kemper. I also have a DSL 40C combo amp. I mainly play through headphones but sometimes I would like to hear the playing through a cabinet.

Now, since this is an unpowered Kemper, that means I need an amp and a cabinet. Seems like the DSL40C is everything else I need.

So, how do I use this combo amp with the Kemper? I'm basically thinking the Kemper will mainly provide the effects when I want to hear my playing through something other than headphones.

• This a fine solution. Use the monitor out and select "monitor cab off" in the Output settings.

Also expect to use the Monitor out EQ a bit to get the sound you want.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Thanks for the replies. Will this actually sound good or is this a cheesy solution?

It's going straight to the power section this way. You definitely want to avoid going through the DSL40c preamp, I can't think of any other way of doing it.

But like I said, be careful, you won't have any kind of volume control on the Marshall, just the KPA (and turn off the KPA cab!)

• Thanks for the replies. Will this actually sound good or is this a cheesy solution?

Well, if You like how Your DSL40 sounds You will probably like this too. Don't forget that the speaker is the most influential part of the sound and Your DSL40s speaker will imprint its sound on every profile.