Share Your Favourite Virtuoso Clips

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This one's for the @Monkey_Man
    It's got Victor Wooten bass techniques.
    Jeff Healey over hand. Note how he uses his pinky for a capo.
    Senri on drums.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I love Greg he's incredible and so funny !!! (also have such a voice !)

In a different style, he made me thinking of Cristophe Godin who is as funny as he's talented !!! He's live or masterclass looks like stand up but you have to speak French.

Totally Virtuoso

• Yeah, but still, it's pretty-basic by her current standards; it's essentially-rock-based. Even the album she dropped on her 16th birthday exhibits some growth since then IMHO.

I'm gonna take this discussion of ours over to the virtuoso-clip thread, Mud. I don't want to do exactly what prompted my creating it in the first place, which was folks' "corrupting" Kulle's thread with chop clips, discussion and whatnot.

See you there, bud. Anyone who wants to follow (some excellent Senri clips about to be dropped), go here:

Share Your Favourite Virtuoso Clips

Holy Hell! Brought me straight back here, of course. There I was thinking we were in Kulle's thread. X/:D

OK, here's an interesting drum-recording rundown featuring some of her playing:

External Content youtu.be

Age 17:

Unknown age, but certainly-recent (solo only):

Ok, now some Kyo*Sen. I love this duo! The fact that her partner on keys (Kiyomi Otaka) is female has nothing to do with it. :D I love her gritty-organ and synth-lead playing.

This one features Koichi Yabori on guitar:

Choco-Boo Live Plus+ album teaser featuring a wicked drum solo (and keys)... and Yukiko Shibuya on bass:

Another great Kyo*Sen piece:

Enamel Doll:

An older one, K.S.Pro:

• If I ever get to go there I doubt I'll come back. I love pretty-much everything about the country.

I'll probably have to camp under a bridge somewhere 'cause they don't accept simian immigrants AFAIK. ;(

There's always the dream that Sony Japan will sign me up and offer for me to stay there 'though... 8o

• Sticking with my Vinnie Moore kick, of late, here is a very cool bluesy, atmospheric jam tune, which has some tasty jazzy, fusion elements. The tune is called "Time Traveler":

• Yeah, she can play, man.

Whilst trying to find out about the keyboard for you I stumbled upon her website. Turns out she's played with Gary Willis, Dave Weckl and Robben Ford, wrote for Keyboard Magazine and is a current member of Casiopea/Casiopea 3rd, which is something I should've known 'cause I've had a bunch (pretty-much all, which is... a bunch!) of their albums from 2005 and earlier (before she joined). They took a 7-year break in 2005, and I thought that was the end of it, but now, thanks to you Renaud, I know that Kiyomi Okata joined in 2012 and they've released a few more albums from 2013 onwards. Yay! 8o

Here's their Wikipedia page, only 'cause it's been one of my top-five-favourite Japanese fusion bands for a very-long time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casiopea

OK, the keyboard you're asking about is a Roland V-Combo VR-700. It's no longer made, but here's a link to Roland's official blurb:

https://www.roland.com/us/products/v-combo_vr-700/

• OK, the keyboard you're asking about is a Roland V-Combo VR-700

Great, many thx Nick , I'll look for it as it sounds deadly close to an Hammond, I'd love to get one.

I've heard about casiopea & T square , both impressive bands. She reminds me John Lord of course.

Anyway thx for your help & infos , really appreciate that.

• Hey, no worries, mate. At least it'll be way-cheaper 2nd-hand. 8o

I don't think I've ever mentioned T-Square here. Been waiting 'til I've got the energy to get into posting my fave Japanese fusion bands. T-Square was actually the first I got into, probably in the late '80s. They're still going strong (since late '70s).

Another couple I love are Dimension and Trix. Both tend to have more-raunchy guitar than most.

Some hot Trix:

Double Up

Easy pace - North

... and from my favourite Trix gig back in 2012, Luna Park. They had so much fun during this tour; it was a classic.

Same tour, different gig, and a bit of silliness:

• One you could appreciate Nick :

So young and such gifted musicians , that bass player is awesome

Special mention to the mix engineer also, superb work

• Yep, classy effort, Renaud. Thanks for posting that, mate.

IMHO, the Koreans are behind the Japanese when it comes to Jazz and fusion, but ahead when it comes to pop, especially EDM, production. There's unsurpassed variety available on the Japanese scene, and the number of songs released daily is frankly-ridiculous, but as I suggested, when it comes to polish / glitz / fairy dust, the Korean K-pop scene reigns supreme. It's all-too-often cookie-cutter, but they know what they're doing.

These young peeps will help to close the fusion gap as time moves on. Still-green, but you can tell that they have "the ear" for class.

Thank you again for sharing, bro'. 8o

• Must See - Monster Andy James(check the intro START AT 0:45 SECONDS) ...ow the emotional bendz...I need decompression :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 3 times, last by ashtweth ().