Share Your Favourite Virtuoso Clips

• Just discovered this guy through Rusty Cooley, apparently this guy inspired Rusty and was shred before there was shred. Lots of virtuoso shredding fair way into the video.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

That's an awesome video, Ash! Mind blown, the guy is real good, I hadn't heard of him before.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If on a mac, copy and paste to a text editor then to the window. (courtesy of Monkey_Man).

Actually, that's my tip for posting links, Shawn.

To post PooToob videos, you simply right-click and "Copy Link", then paste it into the posting window.

If you do the drag-to-text-editor thing, which is for any actual page address (not the video specifically), all you'll end up with is a nice green link.

EDIT:
    By the way, that Danny Gatton video you posted is one of my fave DG clips. I downloaded every video I could find of him 15 years ago; unfortunately there aren't that many. He was, unfortunately, not well known whilst he was alive and ended up playing a lot of low-budget and "dive" gigs.

So sad that he committed sewerage pipe; he was not a happy Kemper.

• If you do the drag-to-text-editor thing, which is for any actual page address (not the video specifically), all you'll end up with is a nice green link.

I think the forum auto links anyways. Try it, copy and paste a link, then check with preview under the "more options" tab?

Yes, very sad. 88 Elmira St. is my favorite album by him, I still have it on cassette lol.

• Well I'll be... thank you, Shawn!

Just tested the various related procedures ('cause I trust you!), and... the behaviour has completely changed. The only thing I've "done" is upgrade to High Sierra. I can now paste PooToob page links and don't have to use the specific video ones anymore. "Normal" site links can be pasted and they work now as well; I still can't drag-and-drop them (which is what I used TextEdit for), but even that behaviour has changed for me - the posting window switches to attachment-upload mode, something I've never seen before either. Doesn't work for links, obviously, but I'll now be able to drag zip files directly to the posting window, saving 2 clicks.

Could be the new OS. Could be the much-more-recent version of Safari. Could be a setting that's been reset with the upgrade, but either way, I'm stoked 'cause I don't have to keep a text window open all the time whilst posting anymore. Woohoo! Thank you so much, bud! 8o

Also, I'm stunned. Just PooToobed DG and wow... so many clips have been uploaded since I collected "all" of them 15 years ago. It's gonna take me some time to go through them and figure out which ones I don't have, but this is fantastic 'cause I thought I'd never see anything "new" again way back then. PooToob had already been around for a while so I wrongly assumed that "everything" would've been uploaded. I'd never have checked again had it not been for you, bud. Thank you so much yet again! <3

8)

I'm on a promote kids talent kick it seems. These guys are pros tho.

One of Tommy Emmanuel's protege's. I dig Joe Robinson.

I see Larry Carlton's son Travis holding down the bottom on this one. :thumbup:

• Recently found this guy on Youtube, i don't think Lynch or Van Halen could still play their stuff as clean as this...(ignore his AxeFX though :)