Share Your Favourite Virtuoso Clips

• Just for clarity, here is black cat in a cover version... first time i heard this song it amazed me how the "harmonies" were independent, they were not done to compliment each other or be the same as each other... , they are meant to me DIFFERENT to make one song..

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• One more with Master Becker and Marty...look for the second song "black cat"

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

Good one, Ash. This is another amazing performance, I was a fan of this man after hearing Dreaming Neon Black.

• Thanks AJ , BTW i have his guitar, try playing that song on a 7 string (loomis 7)... i cant believe some one tabbed Jato unit..if you need it just let me know i have it in guitar pro...say good bye to your fingers if you play it , you cant even wax the dolphin after playing that song , hand too saw tee hee!! :thumbup:
    when i can do some decent recording ill upload some, i am done doing beer laden looper uploads :rolleyes::D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hey, nothin' wrong with beer maidens. Oh... you said, "laden"... my bad. X/

... try playing that song on a 7 string...

You're kidding, right Ash? Try playing it on any number of strings you like! :D For me, it's a case of "forgeddabowdit".

Isn't that the same clip you and I stumbled across some years ago independently and that you posted in the forum 2 years ago"? I think it is. Still, I've still got a copy (ambitious and unrealistic 'cause I'm never gonna take the time and effort to figure it out, let alone play it) on my hard drive just in case I suddenly become good-enough one day. Not!

• The Captain's gotta lotta Beef in his Heart!!! :thumbup:

• External Content www.youtube.com
    8)

• It's funny Taylor doesn't know who Drumbo French is. He thinks it's a condescending term for a hard hitter.
    If I played him any Beefheart he would have a severe WTF reaction. I tried some Tom Waits on him and scared the shit out of him.
    Either you get it or you don't. When you are fucking with animals be respectful and don't corner or overload them. :thumbup:

• It's funny Taylor doesn't know who Drumbo French is. He thinks it's a condescending term for a hard hitter.
    If I played him any Beefheart he would have a severe WTF reaction. I tried some Tom Waits on him and scared the shit out of him.
    Either you get it or you don't. When you are fucking with animals be respectful and don't corner or overload them. :thumbup:

Adding to that pearl of wisdom. "Don't fuck with crazy people". Seriously, just don't. Literally or figuratively. Or you'll be sorry.

• Possibly my favorite virtuoso, he did this for a french radio 1 hour before a show in Paris and it's probably the Vocal/electric guitar performance that amazes me the most. Outstanding performance for an incredible musician/song writer and a extremely great human being !!!

Mr. Ron "Bumbeloot" Thal:

• What's the guitar world without him?

External Content youtu.be

• Nature boy has been one of my favourite songs since I was a kid, Frank. Doesn't matter who plays or sings it, it's just-great.

That said, my favourite version is done by George Benson. This isn't it, and he butchers the melody a little too much in parts, but it'll do:

• OK, here's a better version, 40 years later. Amazing that he can still sing and play so well at his age (74 for this gig):

The cock of the walk, baby.

• ...he also announces a kemper pack he is doing in the future ;)

Ash

I haven't made it through the video yet, but hell yes. :thumbup:

Out of the free packs Kemper has put out, his was one that really left me wanting more. Can't wait!

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.