Share Your Favourite Virtuoso Clips

• Paul's the man!

• this one is for you Nick !

I don't even know this guy, but he's a real virtuoso to my ears, killer rhythm & funk chops, expressive lead , great sense of harmony, plays like it looks very easy ...

one killer comment introducing the vid : " It's copy by the ear."

I'm in overall more impressed by guys that have a real sense of rhythm & harmony than shredders

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and this one is also fab' :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Man, Richie Faulkner is smoking. And just listen to Rob sing in his 60s. These guys are killing. Over 4 decades and still killing it.

Listen to that scream at the end. One of my favourite metal bands without a doubt.

• Just found this dood, see that arpeggio at the start after a fast run he does that WTF man
    watch for the clean stuff..even jazz at the end =O

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• It okay to grow old and play blues rock, Ask Lynch..doing this on a Gibson...ala Jimi...I counted 3 million licks LOL

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• SHREDDERS OF METAL!!! :thumbup: Check out Alex rip it up in episode 2 - Far as I got so far haha :D:D

• Loved listening to Michael's whole "gig", Shawn. Haven't seen much from him in quite a few years. Amazing that Victor's gonna play on the new album; almost nobody would have predicted that.

He cracks me up, that dude; he lives in his own universe, but he's good value.

For anyone interested, here's the only track released so far; there doesn't appear to be a "regular" video for it:

External Content youtu.be

Here's the band's hilarious explanation of the situation and its appeal for funding to help finish the album:

• Re the shredding competition Ep 01:

Sim Diamond described his playing as melodic. That's one of the funniest statements and follow-ups I've ever seen.

There's a good lesson IMHO for those who tend to scoop their sounds. Notice how it's tough to hear what notes they're playing much of the time? There's one clear exception, and that's Frankie C. The mids were there, so each note could be clearly-heard, even during fast passages.

• Paul's the man!

+1 for Paul G. Interesting thing about him is that most of the time he plays at about 80% of his ability even shred stuff :) That's why it looks so effortless.

Not necessarily guitar hero of mine, but try to play this song and see what happens :)

• A real virtuoso , have a look on youtube when he's playing with another virtuoso player ( Chet Atkins)

External Content m.youtube.com

• Do we need a kemper ? (Joke ;) )

This guy has equipment for a million dollar in his homestudio and see what happens when he just picked up an acoustic with nothing else

That's absolutely amazing

• So, unfortunately there is not a Live version of Vinnie Moore performing his "Race with Destiny". However, here is a cover, performed by Cesário Filho, which kicks all kinds of arse. Cesário has serious skills. I remember watching some of his videos a few years back, and just happened to stumble across him, again. Great stuff!

A very minor quibble...Cesario makes a few minor mistakes in positioning/fingering, in a few places...but all the notes are right. It isn't the way Vinnie would play a few of the passages. But again, very (VERY) minor comment/critique. Absolutely masterful playing and technique, to be sure.

As an aside...usually the most egregious fingering/positioning mistakes I have seen tend to be with Yngwie covers...but then again, I am somewhat of a student of all things Yngwie, particularly in terms of his unique playing style, fingering/positioning and phrasing. It is probably due to the abysmal nature of most of the Yngwie guitar tabs, that are out there in the wild. Many, if not most of the Yngwie guitar tabs are complete garbage, particularly the US produced guitar tabs by groups such as Hal Leonard publishing. The only material I would recommend would by the tablatures from Japan, in particular the complete band scores, by Doremi / Watanabe Music.

By the way, this is one of Vinnie's most technically demanding compositions, in his oeuvre:

Edited 2 times, last by Tritium ().

• Another one I really dig, maturity at such a young age, I'm definitely impressed by the mixture of laid back , rage & talent of that young child. On another vid , she's teaching how to do bouble bass & triplets in Bonzo's style :p ,

I dig her style & tone much more than Bonzo's own son

if you believe in reincarnation , this is a freaky :

and yet another drummer

• Remember Glen Campbell?

Until I learned about the Wrecking Crew I always thought he was just the guy that sang easy listening country hits like Galveston (give me Gaviscon) and Rheinstone Cowboy.

How wrong was I 2mins 12 =O