Share Your Favourite Virtuoso Clips

• Another one I really dig, maturity at such a young age, I'm definitely impressed by the mixture of laid back , rage & talent of that young child. On another vid , she's teaching how to do bouble bass & triplets in Bonzo's style :P ,

I dig her style & tone much more than Bonzo's own son

if you believe in reincarnation , this is a freaky :

LOL. That was great! I watched that with a big ole smile on my face. Way to go, kiddo.

• Hey, what's with the "split" SC's at 4:32, Alan?

I'm no guitar-hardware expert, but I haven't seen them before. A custom job for Glen?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not interested in speed playing. AT ALL Hate it

Wash your mouth out with soap man ;)

While full on constant shred boars me quite quickly there is a time and a place for everything. The clip above of Julian Lange is a great example. I’ve never heard him before but that track is a super slinky groove with tasty phrasing but totally laid back then at 1:22 and 2:02 he slips in two very shor rippin’ phrases that jump out because they are so different and unexpected. Likewise the second clip around 7:30 onward has some amazing fast runs in amongst some really tasty rhythmic phrasing and lovely note choices.

Also, virtuosity doesn’t need to mean speed. For my money, Jeff Beck is one the greatest guitar virtuoso ever but isn’t a shredder by any means. His virtuosity is in his phrasing, subtly and ability to great amazing sounds. Yes he can rip when needed but he isn’t Al DiMeola or Yngwie but is no less a virtuoso.

Just my tuppenceworth :)

• I would hate to be the bass player here.. ow wait he does a solo! ..looks like the guitar universe 2.0 had some new guys this year and as always great talent good balance of melody and shred

External Content www.youtube.com

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Every time I listen to Landau he reveals a different way to coax a string. 8)

• One of the greatest dudes to grace this planet, miss this guy!

• One of the greatest dudes to grace this planet, miss this guy!

And he was everything but mister speed guitar
    Slow but effective
    I really dont understand why the quest for speed is an obsession for so many speedy player
    Its not a F1 race its music... let it breathe.... like Lennon's melody (which sold millions btw)

• The Winery Dogs are pretty damn good. Richie Kotzen is an absolute virtuoso (how the hell does he do that with no pick), add Mike Portnoy and bassist Billy Sheehan, and it's a supergroup that delivers for me.

I've having trouble linking to a certain time, so if you like, skip to 18:00 to listen to "Time Machine"...but I recommend watching the entire thing. 1st track is great. I do gravitate a little more toward their more energetic poppy stuff.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Chick Corea Elektric Band - Got a Match? I really like this particular live version, and after sharing it in Kulle's thread it occurred to me that it's an obvious-and-deserving candidate for this one. I don't take the term "musical virtuoso" lightly, and nor should I 'cause it's never gonna apply to me, meaning that I can afford to be super-picky. :D

Frank Gambale's definitely one of my fave Aussie guitarists, plus he looks like a mobster. :D There's shredding in there for standard Kemper Dessert™.

Mike Pope's obviously no John Patitucci, but he's no slouch (bass).

Eric Marienthal's alto work is brilliant, IMHO.

Dave Weckl is Dave Weckl; no surprises there.

Chick's playing reminds me of early-'70s George Duke here, who happens to be my all-time-fave fusion keyboardist.

Hope you guys like it:

• I'm a huge John 5 Fan! I think he's killer! I want to buy his Signature Tele if I can ever find one? I found a squire but want the real deal.

• I’ve just been watching a Frank Gambale interview. The man is a leg nd! Full of great insight and an amazing way of explaining things. But the best moment was when it was suggested that his playng appears effortless - “well, you know, after 50 something years of playing, if i didn’t have it down now I would do something easy like brain surgery” :)

• External Content www.youtube.com