Share Your Favourite Virtuoso Clips

• This was supposed to be my lesson for the day but more like a lesson for the month. I was told I hit the strings too hard but not hard like this guy :huh:... Watch his foot action on the pedals.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

String noise...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• This was supposed to be my lesson for the day but more like a lesson for the month. I was told I hit the strings too hard but not hard like this guy :huh:... Watch his foot action on the pedals.

SRV is similar ( although technique wise totally different) in that they both "dig in" hard to squeeze as much sound out as possible....not to be mistaken for "thrashing away" like say Kurt Cobain used to.

Its Zakks massive vibrato as well that makes his style and sound "him"...and of course the pinch harmonics!

No More Tears is the song I've asked for at my funeral btw :)

• He picks harder during his solos than his riffs. It must been fun and cool being the bass player for this song. Not. :D

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• External Content youtu.be

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Nuno Delivers8)

• Yeah brudda; that solo almost broke the internet.

Every man and his dog has analysed it, it would seem.

I can’t remember the last time I heard so much excitement about a solo. It is red hot though.

• This is the trickiest one to figure out, Amazing!8)

• I can’t remember the last time I heard so much excitement about a solo. It is red hot though.

I love Nuno, but I don;t personally think its his best solo. I love the song and it is a really good solo, but he has always played some brilliant stuff!

• I love Nuno, but I don;t personally think its his best solo. I love the song and it is a really good solo, but he has always played some brilliant stuff!

I think the Beato excitement may have something to do with it.

• I am still having major motivation issues but these got me thinking that I should take a few of the songs that I have always wanted to learn and get the materials to learn them and make myself set down and work on them. I have been thinking of doing some sort of online class where I would have to compose some things as part of it to get me motivated. I have everything I need to do it and I actually have a pretty good understanding of theory but would like to dive deeper into that. I really enjoy discussing that with others that have good knowledge of it and how to apply it.

• I am still having major motivation issues but these got me thinking that I should take a few of the songs that I have always wanted to learn and get the materials to learn them and make myself set down and work on them. I have been thinking of doing some sort of online class where I would have to compose some things as part of it to get me motivated. I have everything I need to do it and I actually have a pretty good understanding of theory but would like to dive deeper into that. I really enjoy discussing that with others that have good knowledge of it and how to apply it.

I think most peopel have been there...you just need to find what excites you.

One of the first songs I learnt note for note many moons ago (prior to that I was just fiddling) was Decendence Dance by Extreme and I learnt so much from that. Not ripping off Nuno but pushed me to play and got me excited because it was hard but achievable.

I've often thought I'd like to be able to play a bit more acoustic tapping/rhythmic clicks on the guitar body stuff like Mike Dawes does but I don't have time to get some of the basic techniques down ( because he is a monster).

However, I've just started learning some Bowie songs on acoustic - blimey, quite a bit harder than I expected. Not technically hard but lots of chord changes and odd key changes ( RocknRoll suicide), and its improved my acoustic playing no end ( although I was pretty poor anyway) as well as hurt my head trying to remember all the changes - thats an age thang!

• This guy is unnecessarily talented =O

Check out his "One Man Genesis" and "One Man Yes" 8):thumbup:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Wow....I really envy having those skills with so many instruments. I can play bass if have to, but that's about it.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• This is Art8)