Trying to make direct amp profile problems

• I am trying to make direct amp profile of by marshall jcm 800 superbass.
    I have a behringer di100 ,i connect all ,and the kemper start to profiling making the the noises of the profiling.
    I adjust my jcm 800 volumen not to loud to make the profiling,but when the kemper start the noises are very loud in my amp,and i stop the profiling because it appears that my 2x12 mesa boogie cabinet were in risk.
    It is normal that this profiling noises are loud???I make the profiling in my house and i think that isnt secure to my guitar cabinet.help!!
    Sorry for my english.

• Hi,

Yes, the profiling process is very, very loud if you have a powerful amplifier. It's not something I would do at home because the volume would have the police at my door in minutes!

If your Mesa 2x12 can safely handle your amp at full volume it should be ok for profiling. The profiling process lasts less than a minute.

Brian

• But the speakers where moving at the same time of the kemper profiling noises and where extremely loud,i cant know if it is safe. Can i make the profiling noise decrease?

If i decrease the volume of my marshall jcm 800 decrease the volume of the profiling sound in my 2x12 cabinet?or is independent?

• Yes, if you turn down your amp the sound during profiling will decrease as well. You may have to turn the amp down a lot in order to reduce the sound during profiling to the point that it doesn't rattle your speakers. Then the resulting profile may not have the sound you want. If you want the profile to sound like your amp turned up loud you have to profile it that way.

• What speakers are in the cabinet? If they're vintage 30s, it should be safe. If they're Celestion greenbacks and your amp is 50 watts, they should also be fine. If your amp is a 100 watt Marshall and the speakers are greenbacks, I'd be concerned....but even then, they should hold together long enough for profiling.

The speaker distortion is an important part of the profile, in my opinion.