OCD Collection (with 7 overdrive options!) - Bob Cooper Tones

• Store link: www.bobcoopertones.com

Hi guys! My name is Bob Cooper and i'm a record producer from the UK. I make records using way way too many pedals so I wanted to start capturing these with the Kemper!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The first set i've made is all about the tonal interactions achieved between an overdrive pedal and a Fulltone OCD distortion. Each pedal combination is dialed in to it's sweet spot so you can just plug in and play!

The pack contains 40 profiled options, including 7 overdrives running through 2 versions of an OCD into a Marshall JCM800 head with two cabinet options (30 profiles overall), just an OCD through the amp & cabinet chains (6 profiles), and just the clean amp and cabinet chain for running your own pedals through (4 options).

The options are:
    Overdrives - Ibanez Tubescreamer, Boss Blues Driver, Keeley Oxblood, Seymour Duncan 805, Horizon Devices Precision Drive, J. Rockett Archer, Mesa Throttle Box
    Distortion - Fulltone OCD, Custom tweaked OCD Clone
    Amplifier - Marshall JCM800
    Cabs - Orange 4x12, Orange 2x12

There's a free sample tone in the store for you to try out. I hope you like it!

• Interesting offer :thumbup:
    I have one question: What does the comment on your page mean, that the pedal-platform-profiles' "tone is noisey"? Do you mean, it is an "edge of break-up" or slightliy overdriven amp tone?

• Interesting offer :thumbup:
    I have one question: What does the comment on your page mean, that the pedal-platform-profiles' "tone is noisey"? Do you mean, it is an "edge of break-up" or slightliy overdriven amp tone?

Thank you mate!

It's a fully clean tone, but the amp just had a little more hiss than I would usually like if i were to just use as a clean part in a song. It sounds ace with pedals running into it though!

I'm also planning on putting together some proper clean packs with my old 60's Vox AC50 too. :)

• Thanks for your answer! I am always looking for great pedal platform rigs (that are part of your pack)! :thumbup:

But I don't get, why a fully clean rig has a baked in hiss or can be noisey (implied there was no issues with tubes, pcb...)? There was a bug a few years ago with clean rigs showing hiss. But now, profiling even more complex setups / chains should result in a less noisey outcome than the source provided. Maybe I still do not understand your explicit "noise warning" on your page ?(
    I am not so much interested in any noisy platform rigs.

• Thanks so much for pointing this out man - I think I have made an absolute 'my first day' mistake when i was listening back to the tones the other day, as i'm playing through them now and i'm not hearing anywhere near the level of hiss I was hearing before. Maybe it was an issue with my guitar?

If you'd like to check out one of the pedal platform rigs, i've attached it to this post. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

• Thanks man, I will download as soon as I am at home and try it out.

But cause the pedal pack as a whole is interesting and promising for me... I think I will buy anyway ;)

• I tried two of the pedal platform profiles (through bd 770 pro headphones, moderate volume) must admit i was thinking "where's the hiss he's talking about"? Really nothing evident to me at all noise wise, just sounded like a good clean base tone.

• Haha I guess it was all in my head! This is really good to hear. Thanks mate! :)

Sorry for my late feedback! Now that I had the time to try out the Pedal Base Profile I can just agree with the statement above. Everything is fine with that rig! No noise, no hiss :thumbup: Sounds good too and eats pedals like a dream. I am going to your shop now and grab the pack :thumbup:

• Sorry for my late feedback! Now that I had the time to try out the Pedal Base Profile I can just agree with the statement above. Everything is fine with that rig! No noise, no hiss :thumbup: Sounds good too and eats pedals like a dream. I am going to your shop now and grab the pack :thumbup:

I'm so glad it's sounding good for you dude!

Thank you so much for buying the pack. I hope you like it - and please let me know if you have any feedback on it / there's anything I can do to improve it in the future too :)

• Ive finally had the time to really delve into this pack n thought i'd share my thoughts. Safe to say I really, really like this pack both for quality and variety. While I love my tube amp gain, pedals definately offer you a different flavour, and the seven pedals on offer here each have their own distinct taste. Now first off your not gonna get lush expansive cleans like Tone Junkie or Selah sounds( although the pedal base tones are good and take external pedals very nicely indeed). Your also not gonna get brutal tight metal like deadpan or sinmix can provide. What you do get is a rich variety of drive n distortion tones running through from driven blues, indie n punk to classic, hard n heavy rock with pinch harmonics jumping off the board with ease. The tones are full and clear, and react well to rolling off the guitar volume n picking lighter for a break up type sound. I've found a little extra on presence and a touch of space yielded really nice results too. There's barely any hiss audible and only on one of the precision drive profiles did I feel any benefit from a noise gate. I think for anyone who likes the tonal variety of drive pedals this pack is definately worth checking out. There was a free four profile sample pack which if it's still available is a no brainer to try out. The full pack obviously covers a much wider array of pedal gain tones and I'm continuing to have a lot of fun exploring its range of possibilities. I have lots of high quality packs from pretty much all of the go to guys in the profile market and I think these more than hold their own. For a first venture into profiling I have to say I'm more than impressed with the quality on offer, very good work Mr Cooper.

• Ive finally had the time to really delve into this pack n thought i'd share my thoughts. Safe to say I really, really like this pack both for quality and variety. While I love my tube amp gain, pedals definately offer you a different flavour, and the seven pedals on offer here each have their own distinct taste. Now first off your not gonna get lush expansive cleans like Tone Junkie or Selah sounds( although the pedal base tones are good and take external pedals very nicely indeed). Your also not gonna get brutal tight metal like deadpan or sinmix can provide. What you do get is a rich variety of drive n distortion tones running through from driven blues, indie n punk to classic, hard n heavy rock with pinch harmonics jumping off the board with ease. The tones are full and clear, and react well to rolling off the guitar volume n picking lighter for a break up type sound. I've found a little extra on presence and a touch of space yielded really nice results too. There's barely any hiss audible and only on one of the precision drive profiles did I feel any benefit from a noise gate. I think for anyone who likes the tonal variety of drive pedals this pack is definately worth checking out. There was a free four profile sample pack which if it's still available is a no brainer to try out. The full pack obviously covers a much wider array of pedal gain tones and I'm continuing to have a lot of fun exploring its range of possibilities. I have lots of high quality packs from pretty much all of the go to guys in the profile market and I think these more than hold their own. For a first venture into profiling I have to say I'm more than impressed with the quality on offer, very good work Mr Cooper.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this Brian, it really means a lot! I'm so happy you're enjoying the tones!

Just bought these, I'll give you some feedback after the weekend. I work Fri-Sun. Hope they're as good as the first few customers claim. Love the concept.

Regards, Marc

Thank you for trusting in the pack enough to buy it Marc. Let me know what you think, and if there's anything at all I can help with. :)

• So far Bob. I've only gotten to 14 of the profiles. Quite a bit of tonal difference. Some are smoother than others, some are grittier. The variety of EQ makes the set not that redundant within itself.
    I've only tried it with a PRS SE Frederik Akeeson 24.5 scale single cut with stock 245 PuPs. So how it sounds with single coils has not been sampled.
    So far my favorite with this guitar is Archer J-OCD. I got lost jamming to some commercial Jam Tracks for about an hour, starting with the 1st one and once I landed on Archer J-OCD, I stayed for more than half of it.

I'm very impressed since I own a variety of ODs and Distortions and love having different pedals for different guitars.

Well done and I can't wait to try the rest of the set. You have a great ear IMHO.

I'm not really a clip maker so sorry in advance(stagefright even in anonimity :wacko: ).

• Thanks so much Marcus! I'm really really happy you're enjoying it. I really like the Archer through the J-OCD too, I think the lower mid bump that the archer adds to tones really works well with the slightly brighter J-OCD.

Haha oh god i'm not a clip maker either, i'm with you there - making demos for the profiles has been terrifying, haha!