Why My Kemper Sound is Bad and muffled?

• Try searching other posts, there is tons of information here

also, you may try to relax you ears and test again later

did you tweaked your definition parameter and also at the input menu, clean sens and distorted sens?

they are for tunning better your kemper with your guitars...

• same tone as the first example on the internet. Please check out the big difference

https://youtu.be/S0DWYz64K1Q

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• same tone as the first example on the internet. Please check out the big difference

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well I only listened on my phone speakers but that’s just... awful. Hahaha.

Is the Cabinet button lit up?

And I asked this earlier, is the Lock button lit up?

That’s pretty sh1t....I’d log a ticket with support.

• unfortunately the kemper says that it can be faulty for my guitars and active speakers constantly. I think there is a manufacturing defect. but the kemper never accepts. I guess I have not given up on this complaint by extending the continuation. I do not know what will I do .

• I doesn't sound real good, I agree.
    For one thing, he is using a single coil guitar in the YouTube example, which will give you a brighter sound off the bat.
    You seem to have 2 guitars with dual humbuckers, you won't be able to get a similar tone, but still, you should get a much better sound than this.

• unfortunately the kemper says that it can be faulty for my guitars and active speakers constantly. I think there is a manufacturing defect. but the kemper never accepts. I guess I have not given up on this complaint by extending the continuation. I do not know what will I do .

Don't worry. You are right. The sound out of the box isn't the same in the vid. This vid is recorded by Ruben and nobody knows what he uses in the recording chain.

I have had the same promblem at the time when I was not so familar with tweaking. Kemper is right when saying you have to use the same guitar to reach the sound, but you have to use his equipment and his fingers and strumming technic too.

I didn't own a tele. Here is an example of the C-A-E 3 + Ch3 profile with my stratocaster trying to reach the sound of the vid.

It's crazy but it is like it is:

First: My Strat has a dimarzio super distortion pu on bridge position. So I have to reduce my volume knob of the strat to get a little reduced gain. volume knob is at 7.

First example: The untweaked profile, just loaded and played pure in my cubase. No tricks , no post processing

Second one: Tweaked amp section to remove some muddy sound. Changed definition, changed power sag.

Third: Changed the cab!!! This is a 1960 AV and not thebox of doom from Bert. Big difference but very bright I think

Fourth: Changed the EQ in slot X and placed my grafic eq with settings I like. Reduced the gain of the profile. Not so bad I think

Fifth: Tried to reach Rubens sound on this chords. I changed the reverb settings a little to get a littlemore crisp from the revrb and I changed main eq settings. Scooped the mids a little, added some treble and a little bass.

I thing no one can say that this sounds muddy.

So I can't reach the vid sound too with my Strat but I come near by (haven't tried it with my other guitars). And you can't def not reach this sound with a gibson.

New strings are also very important.

HTH

Frank

• Thank you for your detailed help. The EQ settings on the video on the internet seem to have not changed. The results on the humbuckers guitar samples are the same. The sound from my kemper is not bright. I watched a lot of sample video. I made experiments with different guitars. In my kemper the sound is never bright. I agree with others in other comments. I changed the guitar strings 1 day ago.

• Thank you for your detailed help. The EQ settings on the video on the internet seem to have not changed. The results on the humbuckers guitar samples are the same. The sound from my kemper is not bright. I watched a lot of sample video. I made experiments with different guitars. In my kemper the sound is never bright. I agree with others in other comments. I changed the guitar strings 1 day ago.

But you have tried lots of other profiles/ cabs/ rigs, right? If others sound good just get rid of this bad sounding one.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• maybe also try some of the profiles George Alayon made... available on the Rig Exchange.. or, try to load some of Celestion IRs ..especially those versions made with SH57 called bright.. (or other IRs which are bright)

and if the sound will not be brighten then it must be something strange going on..

• There is no Kemper that I can compare with the seller I bought Kemper. my vendor is just doing the sales. there is no Kemper that I can compare to the test side. all closed boxes.Just bring the kemper and listen to kemper's voice to decide. there is no kemper on the dealer to make the comparison. If I can not compare it, I think it would be a solution to take a meaningless kemper to the seller.