About to embark on profiling, advice on suitable mics most appreciated.

• HI all. A few months ago, I mentioned to one of my colleagues that I'd bought a Kemper. Another colleague overheard and told me that he had a rather obscure 60's tube-amp (recently serviced) and I could profile it if I wished. It turns out that it is a 1963 Fenton-Weill Cadet (apparently identical to a Selmer Futurama Corvette) and, as I found out this evening, was the amp used by Ronnie Wood to record the solo on Maggie May. I can't find any existing profiles of this amp.

As the speaker cable is hard-wired, I won't be able to go for a merged profile and this will probably be a one-off profiling session, so I'd like to get this right - I might even rent a couple of additional mics to get this done (I have a SM57, SM58 and a Rode NT1a kicking around a cupboard somewhere).

So, my question is... for an old 60's valve amp with an 8" speaker and apparently has a fair bit of break-up; what mics would you use? Go ahead and add suggestions but nothing too expensive please. I'll go with the top 2 mic suggestions.

Edited once, last by androo ().