I heard a rumor about a new Kemper Reverb that compete BIG SKY or IMMERSE type of reverb

• There was a dude on here recently stating that the rackmount effects from the 80s/90s were way easier to edit than the Kemper.

Hey Chu, he claimed that the KPA's screen is outdated. He said that the 19" rack effects units of the '80s had better displays than the Kemper, and that his 100-Euro printer had a better display too.

I responded with a blow-by-blow comparison of typical '80s LCD's vs the Kemper's:

To be fair, the displays in the '80s didn't have the sophistication or resolution that the Kemper's has, ACY.

Back then, they were alphanumeric, meaning that they could only display letters, numbers, and in some cases "symbols" that utilised components of the standard "8" (a square-edged version of an 8, such as most would be familiar with on clock radios).

The displays had fixed paths for current to flow through; light consequently emanated from these predetermined positions. This setup meant that you'd usually be limited to a maximum of 16 (usually 1 line) or 32 (2 lines) characters.

Also, this meant that all letters and numbers could only be displayed in 1 size and 1 "font".

Those are some serious limitations when compared to the Kemper's selectable-colour, multi-font (anything Kemper cares to use), graphics-capable display.

You can read his claim and my response here:

How about an editor? Page 2, Post #29

• Yep, I get you mate. I use a FAMC Liquid Tracks LT100 with my Kemper and it allows a degree of automation and audio triggering without the need for a click track. It's a 1U rack device, with standard LCD screen and combo jog wheel control and looks like something right out of the 80s.

[Blocked Image: http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz146/scunjagiflewaganog/20180211_191810.jpg]

Whilst it allows me to get a little flash with MIDI, it isn't complicated as such. However, when I edit it I pull the chair right up in front and have to get serious. No tap, tap, tap twiddle, tap and done. I've all but given up on programming the preset titles due to how much scrolling is required! What I'm saying is that the Kemper is way, way easier to get stuck into for me.

• You can put the (already released) Spring Reverb in any slot. I don’t know for sure but I’d be amazed if they prevented this in other reverbs that are coming. I am using the spring before the amp block and really like it for certain sounds -they’ve done a really good job with it IMO.

Hi, same thing, I put the Spring reverb on the D slot with a Dumble or ToneKing rig. the render is a clean sound. The size of spring it is very realist and so beautiful. I love it.

I don't understand very good the "dripstone"...

• I had a few issues with the spring reverb teaser update, so I reverted to the previous production release for stability. Fair to say I'm really hanging out for the next release, because once you've tasted something great... :)

• Hi, same thing, I put the Spring reverb on the D slot with a Dumble or ToneKing rig. the render is a clean sound. The size of spring it is very realist and so beautiful. I love it.

I don't understand very good the "dripstone"...

“Dripstone” is the sound of the springs reacting to strong transients, the “drip” you can hear in many surf recordings. The parameter takes the sensitivity from zero to torrential ^^

• We're just in Sydney for the weekend. I had a work conference and the family flew over. Definitely will PM next time we're headed your way.

Sorry to the admins - I'll keep it on topic from now. ;)