I heard a rumor about a new Kemper Reverb that compete BIG SKY or IMMERSE type of reverb

• It could mean "New Preset Management". It could also mean "Kemper Editor". It could further mean "Looks the same but works differently".

I dunno. Looking forward to finding out though. :)

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• The preset management change is to address the endless scrolling of the gozillions of options of FX, rigs, etc....... and it certainly a needed update to the Kemper.

My guess is that this is to make the front end GUI more usable .... not to necessarily include an editor.

Such a present management system MAY well end up making the rig manager able to do some much more impressive management though (like a gig librarian).

I check back every couple of days to see this thread. I am hoping for a Christmas present from CK (are you listening?) :)

• Another week goes by, another hope for the reverb update! Thank God we know @ck is reliable: it may not be here this week, but it will eventually make its way to our Kempers... and the kicker is that they won't need to release a Kemper 2 to get this into our hands and we won't have to shell out anything for it either!

• The preset management change is to address the endless scrolling of the gozillions of options of FX, rigs, etc....... and it certainly a needed update to the Kemper.

To be fair, bud, I think this is an assumption we've made due to the numerous requests guys like you and I made. It's a fair one, IMHO, but nevertheless, it's still an assumption.

It makes sense that the request wasn't granted for a long time because it would've involved an overhaul such as this one, but once again, that's an assumption on our part based on logic.

So, logical assumptions, but not guarantees IMHO. I remain hugely-hopeful 'though, as I'm sure you do...

My guess is that this is to make the front end GUI more usable .... not to necessarily include an editor.

I'd like to think this too. Another assumption, but yet another logical one.

• Hi Monkey_man,

I thought CK stated that the preset management was in the next release (which is the reason the new verbs have not been released yet).

Indeed he did IIRC, mate.

He did.

I think what Nicky was meaning was more to do with the interpretation of what the “preset management” will actually do i.e. how it will operate rahter than whether it will be included.

Correct weight, Alan.

No mention was made of the browse-knob-scrolling "issue"; we assumed it'd be tackled 'cause so many of us find it time-consuming and frustrating and have declared it here in the forum.

• No mention was made of the browse-knob-scrolling "issue"; we assumed it'd be tackled 'cause so many of us find it time-consuming and frustrating and have declared it here in the forum.

Ahh.

I suppose that I "assumed" that preset management would "of course" fix the scrolling browse knob issue ;)

It really is the worst part of the current GUI on the KPA.

I do have to give it to the durability of the encoder CK picked for the KPA. It has been very robust.

• ... and thank God for that. The poor thing really gets a workout when by rights it shouldn't have to.

I, you and I'm sure many others never "got" the thinking behind the Type knob's not filtering the preset list appropriately. IIRC some of us speculated that it was an engine-design constraint that meant that it wasn't the "simple" tweak to fix that we'd assumed (there we went again!) it would be. Repeated requests and the "inexplicable" delay through many OS iterations appeared to support this assumption.

Finally an overhaul is in-the-works, so, given what I said earlier and the background I've just regurgitated, it makes logical sense for us to assume that our stepped encoders (and we) will soon feel the relief... hopefully! :/

• I've long been a proponent of both alphabetically arranging the Type knob selections, and of alphabetical soft buttons for both the Type and Browse knobs in terms of choosing FX types, there being so many and always growing. Having to scroll through so very many is quite tedious and, like many have said, should be a fairly easy fix one would think. Ranges could be set for each soft button to minimize tedium. I hope "the team" listens to requests such as these. They are usually quite great at this.

Gary ô¿ô

• I think at this point I'm gonna pull back from the ledge and just call it "sometime in the future". I let myself get sucked into the irrational anticipation when they thought they were weeks from release back in June. :S

• I think at this point I'm gonna pull back from the ledge and just call it "sometime in the future". I let myself get sucked into the irrational anticipation when they thought they were weeks from release back in June. :S

Yes but I prefer ''in 2019'' .... instead of ''sometimes in the future'' lets get some hope ... and pray LOL