I heard a rumor about a new Kemper Reverb that compete BIG SKY or IMMERSE type of reverb

• I'm amazed that K has been able to squeeze so much amazing sound out of the original chips.

The proposed new reverbs are beyond the realm of what I thought was possible.

Kudos in advance to the engineers.

• I find plenty of fine, very useful reverb options on the Kemper as it currently is. I'm not a huge reverb nut, so I don't see the excitement personally... but I know plenty of you are just dying for the new ones, so for your sakes I hope it is worth the wait.

Gary ô¿ô

• I find plenty of fine, very useful reverb options on the Kemper as it currently is. I'm not a huge reverb nut, so I don't see the excitement personally... but I know plenty of you are just dying for the new ones, so for your sakes I hope it is worth the wait.

The KPA is an outstanding piece of gear as-is .... no argument.

Unfortunately, the kinds of people who are willing to purchase a $2500.00 guitar rig, are the same people who are frequently used to the top-of-the-line reverbs and delays.

The ONLY things that the nearest competitor (Fractal) has in its favor are better EFX and a very cool editor. Of these 2 things, the EFX is the only one that effects sound quality.

The idea of having the superior amp tone capabilities of the KPA combined with an improved efx engine having "big sky" level of performance is really impressive. Hard to imagine the KPA not gaining market share with such an offering. I am sure that is the thinking at Kemper.

I also agree with others that have said that the KPA has squeezed out a HUGE amount of improvements with the existing DSP. This is a testament to the efficient architecture of the KPA.

Well done Kemper engineering.

• Unfortunately, the kinds of people who are willing to purchase a $2500.00 guitar rig, are the same people who are frequently used to the top-of-the-line reverbs and delays.

i’m not sure that’s necessarily the case.

I’m an example of someone who has a collection of Mesa Boogies some of which cost as much as the KPA. I also built a high quality pedal board with Strymon pedals and RJM switchers etc. Only to realise that I still prefer the sound of my perfect signal chain which is Guitar > Cable > Amp > Speaker. The reson for having the KPA is simply convenience and access to any amp on the planet without the need for a bigger house and van :D

I think the existing fX are more than good enough for anything I need. I also appreciate there are plenty of others who absolutely rely on FX (including Reverb) to create their perfect tone. Obviously I will be delighted that they get the tools they want and I’m sure I’ll have some fun playing around with them for a few days before I finally realise yet again that what attracted me to guitar in the first place was guitar > cable > amp 8)

Again, i am not suggesting that the KPA shouldn’t evolve and improve its FX capability, of course it should, ut I don’t think that there os necessarily a direct correlation between spending $2500 on a profiler and being sed to BigSky level reverbs.

As for the “only” two things that the nearedt rival can do, I would dispute thst one too. The Axe and Helix are both fully integrated audio interfaces and the Axe in particular is a routing monster. However, neither of these matter to me either so the zkPa is perfect for my needs.

• Note, I did say "frequently" ;)

While I have had a different experience than you (ie, guitar->cable->amp being preferred), the "one thing" KPA had that made me give up my floorboard and boutique amp (and cabs), was that it sounded good with raw amp tone .... especially through the FOH .... which is all that matters to me when gigging (we use IEMs).

I simply came to a different conclusion than you did and felt that the KPA sounded better out front than my tube amp rig with a microphone.

I have been impressed with the quality of the internal efx .... even felt they were more than adequate for gigging ..... but never felt the delay's and verbs (the bread and butter of efx I use) were at the same level as top-of-the-line industry stomps out there today.

The new delays have brought that efx engine up to par with even the best delay stomps out there IMO. Once the verbs are brought to that level, I think that the KPA will be on-par (or above) with any rig at any price.

Yes, the AXE is a routing monster. I spent a couple of weekends ago with a friend of mine which has the new (and quite impressive looking) Axe III Fx.

With the exception of getting a better U2 delay than I am able to achieve (due to the complex routing capabilities), I found that the KPA was much easier to get a good tone out of (at least tones I use for most cover songs). This was after 5 hours of tweaking.

I am sure that there are others that utilize quite a bit more efx than I do, or desire more of a workstation tool vs live gigging than I do, and for them, other things than verbs and delays are more important. For me, great tube amp tone, then verb, then delay are my 1, 2, then 3 priorities .... so the verbs are a big deal to me ;)

I do apologize to those who were rooting for something else in the next big update ..... but I am selfishly glad that my needs were taken care of first ;)