I heard a rumor about a new Kemper Reverb that compete BIG SKY or IMMERSE type of reverb

• I find plenty of fine, very useful reverb options on the Kemper as it currently is. I'm not a huge reverb nut, so I don't see the excitement personally... but I know plenty of you are just dying for the new ones, so for your sakes I hope it is worth the wait.

Well I AM a huge reverb nut haha but I agree, the existing Hall reverb is already fantastic and I’m happy for now.

...but I’ll be happier later ;)

• I’ve been using the ModVerb trick since I realized what the Balance control did on the right side. It’s been holding me off of my modulated cravings fine but I’lll be glad to clear that extra block I’m having to use now.

• Would be good if we could get some kind of progress update officially announced. Think that would go some way to calming down a few people and stopping a lot of the questions.

I have to say though, the lack of communication with the user base is quite bizarre, especially when compared to a company like Line 6.

• I have to say though, the lack of communication with the user base is quite bizarre, especially when compared to a company like Line 6.

I'll see your Line 6 and raise you Apple, iZotope, Waves, Eventide, Lexicon, PSP, SoundToys, Korg, MOTU, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments... you get the idea.

It's not "bizarre". Quite the contrary; the vast majority of the most-successful companies in the industry say nothing.

• What is the Modverb trick please? I'll try it out

Put a modulation in the DLY slot and on the reverb slot, ten “DLY->REV Balance” to the far right.

The wet side of the modulation will feed the reverb and the dry will go around it.

I made a few preset that are available as a free download on Tone Junkie’s website.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'll see your Line 6 and raise you Apple, iZotope, Waves, Eventide, Lexicon, PSP, SoundToys, Korg, MOTU, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments... you get the idea.

It's not "bizarre". Quite the contrary; the vast majority of the most-successful companies in the industry say nothing.

They also don't announce a new feature and then delay releasing it by many months by packaging it into something else when it seems to work as a standalone update...... but I see your point.

• You talked about delaying the release for many months, Farley, and yet if the company didn't provide a date in the first place (it didn't), how can anyone deem the release "delayed"?

If anything, going by my post you quoted, we're kinda-lucky in that the company does tell us some of the things it's doing; it just won't buy into the release-date game, and for good reason I'm sure - nothing like over-promising and under-delivering to tarnish a company's reputation.

FWIMBW, when I typed "Native Instruments" it occurred to me that it promised that an update to Massive would drop early next year. However, details were scant if not absent altogether, so we got a date and no info. I'd rather have the info and no date, but that's just me. NI's announcement achieved nothing other than to signal that it hadn't forgotten about a many-years-overdue Massive update, which I s'pose might have helped it retain some customers, but there's nothing like announcing new / useful / innovative features to keep the masses salivating and remaining loyal... IMHO.

Cheers mate. ;)

• Yeah, fair point - completely see where you're coming from. I think it just comes down to a mix of people's individual experiences and expectations - for example, while I'm certainly not angry or anything at the delay with the update, it does seem a bit counter-intuitive to me to hold back the release of a working update just to roll that in to another, bigger update, with no idea when that in turn will come out.

I'd have thought a drip-feed approach with releasing patches when they're ready would show customers that the company is working proactively on things etc. But hey, maybe that's why I'm not a CEO ;)

• I’m glad they announced them, even though it’s been ages. I’d rather hear a snippet than nothing :)

At least everyone can then get excited about ‘when’ they are getting free cool stuff as opposed to us seeing endless posts where people are summisung that the Kemper is already maxed out for development. Whilst I’d love to see an update pipeline with concrete timescales I realise this isn’t possible for a commercial organisation.

• Yeah, fair point - completely see where you're coming from. I think it just comes down to a mix of people's individual experiences and expectations - for example, while I'm certainly not angry or anything at the delay with the update, it does seem a bit counter-intuitive to me to hold back the release of a working update just to roll that in to another, bigger update, with no idea when that in turn will come out.

I'd have thought a drip-feed approach with releasing patches when they're ready would show customers that the company is working proactively on things etc. But hey, maybe that's why I'm not a CEO ;)

I think it's fair to say that they have in fact been drip-feeding us for years, and I agree that it's a great strategy both psychologically and practically-speaking.

This particular update, however, involves an overhaul of a major component of the software (the FX section), so it's completely-understandable that, as they say in the classics, our "regular schedule would be interrupted". IMHO, as always.

• Good lord, a civilised discussion on the internets?? :)

Yep, again, very true - and I've only had the Kemper a few months, so I haven't had an update as yet, and therefore don't really have the experience of what 'normally' happens with regards to updates.

• Ahh... that 'xplains it then, Farley!

Bad timing with the purchase in this regard, mate. The updates have flowed like the proverbial since the get-go. The pattern has been that we generally get something new every "few" months - somewhere between 2 and 4, I'm guessing.

This will be something big...

• I'm not urging or anything, but it would be quite a face loss on a company level, if they will not bring this and something more to NAMM '19 as a released update.

Or release the reverbs and demo the preset management as work in progress and they have a year to iron it out.