I heard a rumor about a new Kemper Reverb that compete BIG SKY or IMMERSE type of reverb

• will the actual operating system be safe in a backup ?

means when I do a backup today with the former spring reverb beta
    and I will go back to this version

after checking the new beta,

will the old os be installed ?

if not how can I get the spring reverb only beta again ?

Thanks

• I have the OS updated no problem, and yes the reverbs are killer. I just can't update Rig Manager...and I've done everything that everyone has said to do, including HW in the Tone Junkie video. No go.

Weird...Which Computer & OS are you running. Windows 10 had it pop up straight away on opening RM.

• I have the OS updated no problem, and yes the reverbs are killer. I just can't update Rig Manager...and I've done everything that everyone has said to do, including HW in the Tone Junkie video. No go.

I haven't installed it (waiting for the production release) but a thought occurred to me that might be relevant. Is it possible that if you update the Kemper OS first via USB that it then somehow confuses Rig Manager and prevents it from updating?

The Tone Junkie scenario updated RM first, so I was reminded of the old adage, "First pillage, then burn. Order is important."

Pure speculation from the cheap seats but thought I'd ask.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I haven't installed it (waiting for the production release) but a thought occurred to me that might be relevant. Is it possible that if you update the Kemper OS first via USB that it then somehow confuses Rig Manager and prevents it from updating?

The Tone Junkie scenario updated RM first, so I was reminded of the old adage, "First pillage, then burn. Order is important."

Pure speculation from the cheap seats but thought I'd ask.

If you update the KPA first, then you'd have to disconnect it from the computer and start up RM. Once RM is updated you can connect the KPA again.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

Just a thought. Was the Kemper still connected via USB? Or the USB cable still in whether the Kemper is on or not. It may have got its knickers in a twist. Disconnect everything reboot and then open RM (ensuring the allow beta is ticked in the setting).

Other than that you could do a back up and then uninstall RM, re-load the latest one off the site and see if it upgrades. Then reload the back up.

• If you update the KPA first, then you'd have to disconnect it from the computer and start up RM. Once RM is updated you can connect the KPA again.

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I was thinking of.

Other than that you could do a back up and then uninstall RM, re-load the latest one off the site and see if it upgrades. Then reload the back up.

Don't forget to burn incense and sacrifice a couple of chickens. Very important for technical troubleshooting.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Thanks for the advice gang...I have actually done all of that.

I'm going to uninstall RM again and try it again.

I tried RM first but after about an hour, it kept saying it was up to date so I went ahead and did the OS update via USB and then tried RM again.

Oddly, my Reverb button works, unlike what HW was showing in the Tone Junkie video.

Anyway, my reverbs are working fine - I just can't use Rig Manager right now.

I'm using a Mac by the way.

• uninstall didn't help...still says I'm up to date with 2.1.61

does anyone have the Mac version of 2.1.7 that they could send me or post a link to by any chance?!?

So, I tried RM on my Mac in my studio and it prompted me to update to 2.1.7 as soon as I booted up the program! For whatever reason, I can't get it to do it on my Mac Air that I use in my living room with that Kemper. (I have a powered Kemper that I use for my home playing, and a non-powered Kemper in my studio, and a powered Rack Kemper I gig with.)

No idea why the Mac computer in the studio would prompt me for the update, but the Air won't...they are both using the same Mac OS, and they are both on the same wifi network.

Anyone know if there is a way to put the studio mac's version of RM on to a USB drive so I can install it on my Mac Air?!?

This is odd! LOL

• uninstall didn't help...still says I'm up to date with 2.1.61

does anyone have the Mac version of 2.1.7 that they could send me or post a link to by any chance?!?

You’ve most likely done this but double check the RM settings to make sure the new install has beta installs checked..it is turned off by default.

• Ok gang...since the studio Mac was working, I just copied the "package contents" from that RM onto a USB drive and replaced the Mac Air's RM package contents with that, and now when I open RM on the Air, it says it is Version 2.1.7...SO, in a weird, roundabout way I was able to get the 2.1.7 Beta RM on that computer and it appears to be working...whew...what a pain in the butt, but at least everything seems good now.

Now I'm just too burnt to play around with the reverbs any more tonight...gonna dive back in tomorrow and just watch my Maple Leafs for the rest of the evening!

Thanks for the advice guys...if anyone else is having Mac issues - try doing what I did if you have access to a second Mac (provided the second Mac was able to update to the beta RM!)

• So I just updated the OS and some of the Spring and Natural Reverbs some just awesome, but most of the preset reverbs that came with it sound awful. Am I doing something wrong? I placed the reverbs before the amp stack as recommended, but it still sounds awful on most rigs. There are some melodic harmonies and chromatic harmony effects that (at least to me) are brand new and sound fabulous. Are they truly new? Are others finding some REV presets sounding awful or is it just me? Or is it rig dependent?

Either way - thank you Kemper team for your awesome FREE updating support, what a rarity in this market!

Gary ô¿ô

• So I just updated the OS and some of the Spring and Natural Reverbs some just awesome, but most of the preset reverbs that came with it sound awful. Am I doing something wrong? I placed the reverbs before the amp stack as recommended, but it still sounds awful on most rigs. There are some melodic harmonies and chromatic harmony effects that (at least to me) are brand new and sound fabulous. Are they truly new? Are others finding some REV presets sounding awful or is it just me? Or is it rig dependent?

Either way - thank you Kemper team for your awesome FREE updating support, what a rarity in this market!

As per the updated manual only spring reverbs on a mostly clean amp should go before the amp stack to replicate the sound of old non-master volume amps with spring reverb. Other than that all should go after the amp.

• I must admit that with the couple of hours I’ve had with it, I just kept them in the actual reverb slot and, to me, I thought they sounded excellent :).

With the spring beta, I preferred the spring before the stack with a very light blending reverb in my daw or a light regular reverb in the Kemper. But I need to play more as we all do...... so far, very happy with this. For general ambience on ‘regular’ guitar tones the unit just got a major upgrade in its ability to sound ‘nice’. For ethereal / weird / creative stuff, the Kemper didn’t do reverbs at all of this kind and now contains some excellent creative tools in this direction. Very pleased with these :)