I heard a rumor about a new Kemper Reverb that compete BIG SKY or IMMERSE type of reverb

• PROFILER backups include data and settings, but not the operating system itself. Otherwise you could never restore an old backup under current operating system.

You find 5.5.2 Release on the download page. 5.6.2 is obsolete. Spring Reverb has been modified a bit in 5.7.0 compared to 5.6.2. The scale of the Mix has been changed and new parameters were added High Cut (Tone) and Distortion (Dwell).

• So I just updated the OS and some of the Spring and Natural Reverbs some just awesome, but most of the preset reverbs that came with it sound awful. Am I doing something wrong? I placed the reverbs before the amp stack as recommended, but it still sounds awful on most rigs. There are some melodic harmonies and chromatic harmony effects that (at least to me) are brand new and sound fabulous. Are they truly new? Are others finding some REV presets sounding awful or is it just me? Or is it rig dependent?

Either way - thank you Kemper team for your awesome FREE updating support, what a rarity in this market!

The REV module is still the preferred place for reverb effects. Spring Reverb is an exception: for an authentic reproduction of an analog spring reverb, that one should be placed pre stack.

• Burkhard

Where would the kemper manual be and most of us with out you.

no really man where?? Ever heard any one complain about Burk?

NOPE

Burkhard, you have always been kind and helped me with technical support

May i just say we appreciate you and thank you

Thanks man OK

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• A few glitches have been reported already, thanks! Here a couple of workarounds for the time being:

If the knobs for Reverb Time and Reverb Mix don't work, set those parameters in the reverb menu instead.

If you cannot switch on/off via the button of the REV module, use the ON/OFF button instead.

• I’ll second that Ash!

Burkhard you’re a legend sir :!:

• Burkhard - impressed that you're working on a Saturday :) I've now finished coffee and deciding what to do. But I am fortunate to say that 'what I will do' is mostly 'nothing' because that is what is needed sometimes.... Thanks for the workarounds. And thanks also for mentioning the extra parameters in the Spring algorithm - I hadn't played enough to notice as all I've done so far is gone through the presets and tweaked a little on the new reverbs. I didn't really play further with Spring as I was already happy with it but will have another go now and see what the new things do for me.

• OK so... to start closing this thread, or even taking it a bit further, we need someone to do a propper head to head between the Big Sky, Immerse and Kemper reverbs. For the ones, like me, that don't own those nice pedals.

• I spent last night with these reverbs. I mainly play at home through headphones and I managed to get a really nice hall reverb before this update, here are my toughts:

- When I load my saved presets they sound nothing like they used to. The legacy reverb is totally different from the old reverbs. I tought the new legacy reverb will automatically load at parameters that would give an equivalent sound. It doesn't.

- the natural reverb through headphones sounded like I wasn't putting headphones on, you hear your sound but it's distant. I'm still not sure what to think about it. It sounds different...

- Spring reverb is cool to play a couple surf licks but that "drip" effect gets tiring quickly.

-I have no idea how to use the echo reverb, I used to get this effect with delay + reverb module, delay set around 200ms. It sounded convincing

So yeah, I don't recognize my kemper anymore, all my presets sound different, the overall impression is tone thickened, like some added low end to it. I tried tweaking but couldn't get sounds I used to have before the upgrade. Maybe it's just my ears used to the old reverbs.

I'll play with it a couple days more, but probably will get back to the older firmware.

• The REV module is still the preferred place for reverb effects. Spring Reverb is an exception: for an authentic reproduction of an analog spring reverb, that one should be placed pre stack.

Thanks for that Burkhard, I must have misread the addendum and was trying most pre stack. I'll play around with the REV module as you suggest. I hope my experience is not like those of rabatavus above. Unlike him though (and many others), I hardly ever play through headphones, mostly play out in working bands, where I'm not really sure much reverb is a good thing, and what we already had was fine for my sound. In the studio I could see their utility in a creative mode of course, entirely different scenario and one which I'm sure I'll enjoy exploring when time permits.

Gary ô¿ô

• The rev slot isn’t working now after a reinstall to the new verbs. I can use in all other slots but I’m now one down ;(. Still they are sweet. And I look forward to all the bug fixes.

• Actually both delay and reverb slots are not working. You can allocate items to it and nothing. Tried the on off workaround on both and still no joy. The x and mod slots work ok though so I’m still happy testing..

• Ok. Here are my 2 cents......

First ... very excited for this release. The new reverb engines are fantastic. Not all of them are to my taste, but then again, that is likely true for everyone here.

I really like the natural verb engine. It is way better to my ear than the previous verbs.

As for operations, I did not notice that the tones of my old vintage verb settings were changed on the few rigs I checked, but I did not do an exhaustive A/B check.

I went through the release notes and didn't see (or later find) any new preset management in this beta. I suspect this is being held until other bugs can be cleaned up.

I did notice the bugs already noted. To turn the reverb module off, I had to hold it and put it into edit mode, then I could toggle it on and off. I also noticed the reverb knobs did not work as already stated.

I have only done a quick once-through of the presets given and played around a bit with the settings in the natural reverb. I think we will get some really nice sounds from this engine.

I don't own a big sky or other high end verb to compare it to, but the new engine is definitely a big step up from the previous verb.

Thanks Kemper team.

• - When I load my saved presets they sound nothing like they used to. The legacy reverb is totally different from the old reverbs. I tought the new legacy reverb will automatically load at parameters that would give an equivalent sound. It doesn't.

This was the question I asked yesterday. The folks who replied basically said, "the old reverbs have been moved to a single legacy algorithm, " and while that's true, it didn't address my concern.

My question was whether or not I'd have to go through all the profiles I own and tweak the reverb on each (a not inconsiderable task) because now they're all pointing to the legacy module and the sound might be different. Your experience indicates that this is in fact the case.

If the new version truly does change how all your pre-existing profiles sound, that's a destructive side effect and I would consider this a bug worth reporting for the beta.

"First, do no harm." :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Check it out on your own setup. I didn't notice it myself. Seemed like everything was still working as it did before the beta was installed.