Feeback re-amping with Reaper

• I have some Git Analog and Git Studio tracks I recorded. I want to reamp them. Ultimately I'll try with my Kemper but having just had back surgery the other guitarist in my band is leading the charge using his Fractal AX8.

I bought a Focusrite 6i6 to give me multiple output options, but am currently keeping things simple using the 1/4" sockets as I've read so much about confusion in setting up SPDIF initially......and the AX8 doesn't have an SPDIF in.

What we have tried currently is as follows:

• Track 1 is the raw guitar. Track 2 is the track we want to write the re-amped audio to.
    • Speakers are connected to outputs 1 and 2 on the interface.
    • 6i6 output 3 goes from the Focusrite to the AX8.
    • The output from the AX8 goes into the first input on the Focusrite.
    • We've set track 1 to output to track 2. We've tried both with and without the master/parent send checked in the routing control on track 1.
    • The routing for track 1 is set to Hardware output 3.

The issue is that we are creating a feedback loop somewhere as we just get constant feedback whistle no matter what levels we send from Track 1 or what level we output from the AX8.

We've tried all different recording modes within Reaper and can't find anything online that helps.

It must be something simple to do with the setting on one or both the tracks....very frustrating and I feel very stupid.

I'm hoping someone with Reaper experience...and even better someone that has the 6i6 might be able to explain how this should be set up to work.....I'm giving myself a headache on top of the pain in my back!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Andy

• This definitely sounds like a monitoring issue.

Try muting the receive track in Reaper, and turning the fader all the way down. If this works, there's a routing issue in reaper (ie. you're sending the amped signal back into the axe). Also try the master fader in reaper.

Otherwise, the problem likely is in the mix control software for the interface - it's routing the incoming signal from the Axe out through output 3 again.
    Can you take a screenshot of the mix control routing setup?