Using 2 different guitar cabs/speakers with powered Kemper

• ********Note you can ONLY do this with 2 8ohm speakers ! ********

Here is a wiring diagram for your reference.

********Note you can ONLY do this with 2 8ohm speakers ! ********

So as most of you I'm sure know, the guitar cabinet makes a huge difference in your sound, it is no different with a powered Kemper. So I thought I would throw out this little tip, this is how you can run two guitar cabinets, using one or the other(L,R) or both in series (at the same time.)
    I wired up a little panel with 3 mono jacks that is easily accessible, see wiring schematic above, I have a closed back cabinet with a vintage 30 speaker (I also sometimes swap the v30 for an EVM12L which sounds great) running alongside a fender deluxe reverb style pine cabinet with a weber 12f150 speaker. Now with the protection that Kemper has set up on their unit it's very easy to just unplug from one cabinet to the other, you do not have to turn the output on and off every time. I can get amazing fender black face sounds from one cabinet and amazing distortion sounds from the other just by moving my speaker output from one jack to the other. You can also run both at the same time.
    If you run one or the other, it will be 8ohms of resistance to the Kemper, if you run both, it will be 16ohms of resistance to the Kemper both of which are safe.

Quiz ?(?(?( What type of speakers can you use for this wiring config????

********Answer - You can ONLY use 2 8ohm speakers ! ********

:P

Cheers

Jason

• Hey Jason,
    My guess is that something like that can be bought for a very little amount of money. Palmer Cab Merger is the name. I am not sure if something similar is availably by radial... So no need for soldering. :)
    As well there are some cabs that have that as a standard feature (bluguitar cabs)...

• Hey Jason,
    My guess is that something like that can be bought for a very little amount of money. Palmer Cab Merger is the name. I am not sure if something similar is availably by radial... So no need for soldering. :)
    As well there are some cabs that have that as a standard feature (bluguitar cabs)...

You can most certainly buy it, but if you're not afraid of solder 8o you can save the $50

Also with that box that you referenced you could accidentally plug into the parallel Jack and blow the amp on the Kemper.

<3 the solder! Solder is our friend lol.

• It's less that 30 $%. And you need hardware as well. :)

Yeah. accidentally plug into something wron (for example the Headphone out of the Kemper....) is always possible if you have the possibility. ;)

• It's less that 30 $%. And you need hardware as well. :)

Yeah. accidentally plug into something wron (for example the Headphone out of the Kemper....) is always possible if you have the possibility. ;)

Ok.... Really not sure what you're trying to add to this thread here. But thx for your input.

And just in the effort of not spreading false information, the box you referenced is $50....
    $48.21 to be exact