New update 1.0.6

• About time for some clean up!

Yes, that's right, but I still don't have it set up for stage use and don't know wich are the sounds that I really need. When I delete some a bigger number of new ones apear on the database and I fear it's getting more and more rigs the more campers we get.

• schneidas: Confirm. Had the same impression two hours ago and was thinking it was my ears. After a reboot the rig has more mids and less presence.

But I think the "correct" sound is the one AFTER switching back to the initial rig. Weird.

• But I think the "correct" sound is the one AFTER switching back to the initial rig. Weird.

Ok, this might explain another phenomenon I experienced, when switching from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5.

From 1.0.4 -> 1.0.5 this happened: my rig1 sounded different. It sounded great in 1.0.4. and was thinner with more presence in 1.0.5
    (At the time I thought I just remembered the sound of rig1 wrong after the switch to 1.0.5).

Now, when I turn on the KPA and rig1 loads up, it sounds like it used to sound in 1.0.4.
    Switch to another rig and back to rig1, it sounds thinner with more presence, like it sounded on FW 1.0.5.

• can somebody try to edit the speed of the rotary speaker? My one freezes and reboot when I do it. Busy reporting it already. It happen on the HH#Lancer clean rig from Radley (Excellent BTW)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Here is an audio sample (recorded via the SPDif out of the KPA):

Audio1
    Rig1, after KPA bootet up
    (also, this is exactly how this rig sounded with FW 1.0.4)

Audio2
    Rig1, after switching to another rig and back to rig1.
    (also, this is how the rig sounded in FW 1.0.5)

Same guitar, same pickup, same cable, same pic, same player - you get the picture ;)
    Sorry for the lame playing.

Do you hear a difference? I definitely do.
    Sorry for the noise - I have the noisegate disabled, and this is a highgain rig

Summing up: FW 1.0.6 sounds like FW 1.0.4 when the KPA boots up - and then goes back sounding like FW 1.0.5. when you switch rigs. 8|

Edited 2 times, last by schneidas ().

• guitarnet70 mine works fine. The speed changes from slow to fast. But I used the Shiva clean. I don't have the HH#Lancer loaded.

Could you give it a try? Nothing bad happens, just green screen of death and reboots regularly ;( :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Thats quite a big difference there. Thanks for posting this I'm sticking with 1.03 for now

• That's quite a difference!

How's the latency compared to 1.0.5?

• I also found the same behavior. I have a question for you though, have you locked your noise gate/input sens settings?

When I locked them I had the behavior you describe, when I unlocked, then shut down and restarted the the sound didn't change as I changed patch (but I didn't record to see whether ti picked the 1.04 or 1.05 behavior in that situation). Can you test this?

• Yes, my overall volume seemed much lower. Then I tried profiling my new Fender amp and the profile was WAAAAAYYY off....I tried again, same problem. So I went back to 1.04 and problem solved, profiling works correctly. Seems like there is something wacky going on there.

• I also found the same behavior. I have a question for you though, have you locked your noise gate/input sens settings?

When I locked them I had the behavior you describe, when I unlocked, then shut down and restarted the the sound didn't change as I changed patch (but I didn't record to see whether ti picked the 1.04 or 1.05 behavior in that situation). Can you test this?

I have not locked anything, as I don't use the lock function.
    Hmmmmm... really strange stuff ?(

• I can confirm this too and think it's the most annoying bug until now. I can live with alot of stuff but not with the unit changing the sound in such a dramatic way. I love the Kemper but come on guys, time to bring out a bug free firmware!