New update 1.0.6

• Something really strange - I just downgraded to 1.03 and you know what? Same behaviour!
    So the new firmware seems to have changed something in the fundamentals of the unit or it was there before unnoticed. I had this strange feeling that since 1.03 my profiles didn't come out as cool as before but I was not sure if I was hallucinating or not, now I am pretty sure my ears have not been playing tricks on me. I am pretty sure the more midrangey tone that comes up after the unit restarts is the right sound and when you change rig and go back to the same the sound has a ton more bass and presence and less mids - It sounds good as well, but kinda scooped. Please Kemper Team - change it!

• Yes, definitely confirmed here even after a system restart. The trouble is not knowing which one is the correct sound. I guess the only way would be to profile your amp record it, then reamp and do the whole reboot/change patch process reamping again to see whether the boot sound is correct or the patch change sound is correct.

• Damn, same here!! :thumbdown:
    If I could chose I would hope the sound right after switching the unit on is the right one as the other one sounds thinner and less pleasing to me! Bummer!

Cheers,
    Markus

• the situation become ridiculous with these updates

we repair a bug and made into another there was nothing

I do not understand anything
    I wonder if it will end one day X(

sorry for my english :D

If I could chose I would hope the sound right after switching the unit on is the right one as the other one sounds thinner and less pleasing to me! Bummer!

Cheers,
    Markus

So 1.0.4 and 1.0.6 sound the same and 1.0.5 is the thinner sounding one with more presence? And on 1.0.6 it's OK until you switch back to the first rig then it sounds like 1.0.5 ?

Have I got this the right way round? I'm set to do an update today and I don't know whether to go for 1.0.4 or 1.0.6.....(and you can't get 1.0.5 anyway)

• I don't think it's ridiculous - it's beta code........

Ridiculous would be if you switched it on and it sounded like me playing through Pod Farm.... :!:

• +1, just tried the bug and it was there. Did a System Cache reset and is gone! Everything ok here. Could somebody else confirm?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hey, at least now we know that parts of it are coded in good old C++.

How do you know this from this bug?

How's the latency compared to 1.0.5?

I do not notice any difference in latency.

I can confirm this too and think it's the most annoying bug until now. I can live with alot of stuff but not with the unit changing the sound in such a dramatic way. I love the Kemper but come on guys, time to bring out a bug free firmware!

Yes, this bug is seriously annoying! I can live with anything, but not if my sounds that I carefully dialed in with FW 1.0.4 now sound like shit. And this started with FW 1.0.5.

Cheers,
    Markus

The correct sound is DEFINITELY the sound coming out of the KPA when you boot it up! That was exactly the sound I created when tweaking this rig. When you switch the rig - it sounds super trebly and thin, like with FW 1.0.5 - and that is waaaaaaaay off of what I had tweaked.

Bug report was sent from me!!

• I just did a system reset and now I cannot reproduce this volume drop. Let's hope for the best.

Volume drop? You mean trebly, thin, sound change - at least that is what I am experiencing.

Even if I'm repeating myself: after a system reset I am very fine with 1.0.6 at the moment.

Will try this. I'm not with my KPA right now. Although Capitancamparro said it didn't work on his unit.

+1, just tried the bug and it was there. Did a System Cache reset and is gone! Everything ok here. Could somebody else confirm?

Will try this later today, but it didn't work for Capitancamparro.

Reinstalled 1.06 and did a system reset - no change. I leave the unit unplugged now for a while and see what happens....

Any update on this?