New update 1.0.6

• so strange, and yes there is a huge audible difference in those patches. I went from 1.04, to 1.05, then back down to 1.04, and then up to 1.06, with no noticable difference to me. I tried going from one patch then to another then right back and no difference, so I am not experiencing the same problem you are clearly having. So strange, and certainly a notable issue. I don't think its across the board yet, but def submit it as a trouble ticket and see what they have to say. hope it works out VERY SOON for you..

• How do you know this from this bug?

Check the screenshot a couple of posts before mine. The file where the error occurs is a .cpp file, admittedly it's a strings table file (which technically shouldn't be labeled cpp in order to avoid it compiling), but I'd say that given it's a standard postfix it makes pretty likely that at least some of the KPA firmware has been developed in C++.

• BTW you likely wont notice this bug on lower gain patches. I found it very noticeable on certain patches, e.g. I'd left the unit on the stock "Mr. Nice Guy" patch, switching on the patch was full, going right then left with the rig buttons on the right side of the unit the sound became much thinner, especially noticeable playing some barre chords and lead around A.

• I completely ignored this. Going through all the posts again, and stumbled upon this.
    Seems like net99 has this prob on 1.0.4 already - so maybe 1.0.5. is not the culprit, but 1.0.4????

• I completely ignored this. Going through all the posts again, and stumbled upon this.
    Seems like net99 has this prob on 1.0.4 already - so maybe 1.0.5. is not the culprit, but 1.0.4????

Oh god Schneidas - I've been telling you this for hours :D - see posts 82, 103, 105.

It's not just related to 1.05

• I'm still on 1.04 (have not updated yet) and can say 100% with this firmware there's an issue in tone when you edit a patch, save/replace, then toggle presets. For me, it's not so much thin and low volume, more muddy, blanketed and lifeless. Then when you reboot the patch clears back up to the orig saved edited patch. Toggle around presets, edit save/replace patch, toggle back the tone changes back to dull.

• Omg!! I've just read this thread and all the comments. I haven't updated my unit to 1.06 yet. Tomorrow I' ll check this bug,my current Fw is 1.05 but I didnt notice this problem previously. I'll let you know asap

• Guys!

Maybe I found the reason: http://tinyurl.com/78her45

:D:D:D

Oh god Schneidas - I've been telling you this for hours :D - see posts 82, 103, 105.

It's not just related to 1.05

:D:D Ok, so I'm a little slow. You could have just told me. ;):D:D

I'm still on 1.04 (have not updated yet) and can say 100% with this firmware there's an issue in tone when you edit a patch, save/replace, then toggle presets. For me, it's not so much thin and low volume, more muddy, blanketed and lifeless. Then when you reboot the patch clears back up to the orig saved edited patch. Toggle around presets, edit save/replace patch, toggle back the tone changes back to dull.

Please open a support ticket with your findings. The more info they get... the better

• schneidas: just click on "kemper 1, 2 etc". you'll be in the page of each clip and you'll find the description.
    Guitartone: the change in sound is so huge that it seems that a whole eq/cab section has been changed, but i didn't.
    Tomorrow i'll try to move profiles keeping the cabinet section locked and viceversa.

• schneidas: just click on "kemper 1, 2 etc". you'll be in the page of each clip and you'll find the description.
    Guitartone: the change in sound is so huge that it seems that a whole eq/cab section has been changed, but i didn't.
    Tomorrow i'll try to move profiles keeping the cabinet section locked and viceversa.

Difference between 2 and 3 is clear and it does sound like the cab has changed - I wonder if the change to the next profile preloads the cab of that profile (in code) and doesn't release it if you switch back to the first profile. What happens if you put the same profile next to itself and do the switch then? What happens if you put two profiles with the same cab next to each other and do the switching around then?

I'd test it myself but I'm not going to 1.04 until we have the issue ironed out and I don't have the problem.