DI profile not even close

• I agree… I just ordered Kemper DI online, at least I will know for sure with my direct profiling now…
    This will be the 9th DI box in my investigation process, I hope it makes my profiling more accurate.
    Maybe you are right Rene, The fact that it is completely passive without battery or transformers will make it more pure, I am hoping…

• How does it sound when you make a studio profile and turn off the cab section or run monitor cab off? It won't be exact but you can adjust, reprofile and test until you hit the sound you're looking for.

I haven’t done a lot of experimentation with that but the little but I’ve done tells me it’s probably a usable option. I’m just trying to figure out why it’s doing what it’s doing. More specifically why just this one amp? It seems like I should be able to get it to work.

• Quote from ckemper

I would strongly suggest that you try our DI Box. It does not contain any active components and no transformer.Since the difference between the Studio Profile and the Direct Profile is the DI Box, I suspect it to add distortion.
    If it does not work, you can just send it back to us.

I appreciate that. However, I tried both of my Countryman Type 85 DIs and a Livewire passive DI. Both of which are reported by other KPA users to work fine.

• Tried a bunch of DI boxes, the main issue is, that the cheap Chinese boxes like ART and Behringer has vastly different frequencies attenuated and enhanced, box by box, even the same exact model.
    It's pure hit and miss.
    The best so far was the line out of a Weber Mass attenuator, but the Countryman Type 85 blew everything out of the water. Profiles created with the Countryman Type 85 are vastly superior.
    Wanted to try the Kemper Di box, but it was out of stock and had a 2 month lead time in the local shops. Countryman Type 85 got here from the states in a week.

• Our DI Box is a special item, only usable in combination with the Profiler.
    Therefore we donˋt expect local dealers to stock it.
    But the DI Box is available in our online store.

That´s the reason why it can be sent back if you are not satified.

• Our DI Box is a special item, only usable in combination with the Profiler.

I just checked and it says out of stock. When will it be available again?

• I just ordered one and it said ‘in stock ready for delivery’… I haven’t got any shipping information or tracking number as of yet ... but it’s only been a few days… I hope I get it soon, then I will compare 9 DI boxes including some pretty crap Behringer ones…
    To everyone that thinks a DI box is just a DI box… Trust me when I say, you WILL get a MUCH better DI profile from a countryman type 85 than you will from a cheap Behringer ultra G100 etc. etc.
    I am hoping that the Kemper DI box is even better than the countrymen type 85, that would be incredible!
    ^^

• Quote from ckemper

Our DI Box is a special item, only usable in combination with the Profiler.

It seems that the DI box is available in other stores, just not the US store. I’ve checked online “big box” suppliers as well but to no avail.

Any idea when it will be available again?

• Thanks. That’s the Canadian store. I’m in the US. You would think that being on the same continent, it wouldn’t be a problem... I tried to purchase it but when setting up the address, it only gives me the option of selecting Canadian Provences. I’m at a loss. Maybe I can get an answer through product support.

• I tried to purchase it but when setting up the address, it only gives me the option of selecting Canadian Provinces. I’m at a loss. Maybe I can get an answer through product support.

BTW I had about same experience (vice versa) but here is a solution maybe. I had this problem on my iPAD (no choices for ountry) but on my computer I had more choices for countries ... Hope it helps

• for what its worth. I am by no means a Kemper expert but all of my DI profile problems were solved by using the Kemper DI. I tried 3 different DI's including a Countryman, a radial and a cheap Beringer but I could never get the DI profiles right. I ran into all sorts of level issues. Too hot or not enough signal. I tried the pads on and off all to no avail. As soon I plugged the Kemper DI into the signal chain everything started working perfect.

• for what its worth. I am by no means a Kemper expert but all of my DI profile problems were solved by using the Kemper DI. I tried 3 different DI's including a Countryman, a radial and a cheap Beringer but I could never get the DI profiles right. I ran into all sorts of level issues. Too hot or not enough signal. I tried the pads on and off all to no avail. As soon I plugged the Kemper DI into the signal chain everything started working perfect.

I hope it will be the same with me.
    I am trying to improve my DI profiles with the Kemper DI.
    Should arrive this week. Lets see what happens.