Best way to get lead volume boost with morph?

• I use the kemper remote live and generally set up my rigs for both rythm and lead use. I use the morph feature on the remote to boost the rig volume and add more delay for my solos. I have been morphing the rig volume to get an extra 3db which works well. However this method is not ideal when i want to rebalance all the volumes in a performance as i have 10 rig volumes to adjust. So i have now switched to morphing the amp volumes to get the extra 3db which then gives me just 5 rig volumes to rebalance. Anyone see a problem with this approach? Will boosting the amp volume affect the speaker tone or any of the post amp effects? Anyone have a better approach?

• Don't understand how you count ten Rig Volumes and five Amp Volume in one Performance. Each Performance can have up to five Rigs in its Slots. Each Rig has exactly one Rig Volume and one Amp Volume.

• I'm guessing Rig volume with and without morph :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I use the kemper remote live and generally set up my rigs for both rythm and lead use. I use the morph feature on the remote to boost the rig volume and add more delay for my solos. I have been morphing the rig volume to get an extra 3db which works well. However this method is not ideal when i want to rebalance all the volumes in a performance as i have 10 rig volumes to adjust. So i have now switched to morphing the amp volumes to get the extra 3db which then gives me just 5 rig volumes to rebalance. Anyone see a problem with this approach? Will boosting the amp volume affect the speaker tone or any of the post amp effects? Anyone have a better approach?

I get what you are saying. Yes, I think in your case it's more convenient to adjust amp volume.

Here's an unorthodox method I've been using lately for large concerts. I had an Atomic Amplifire laying around. I connect it in the loop in the x slot. On the Amplifire 3 buttons, I set +3Db boost , -3Db Cut , and Room Reverb. I leave that subtle room reverb always on on it which frees up the KPA's reverb slot for proper ambience/wash effect (using mostly delay algorithms for now). Then this +3Db boost and -3Db Cut, I use for solo boost or for cut during quiet passages or things that need to be quieter in the mix yet still aggressive (funk strumming, etc). This frees up the morph features for something else like just tone shaping. It now feels intuitive to have that little box on the side just dedicated to volume control and frees up those precious KPA post effects blocks and morph feature.

Also, another main reason for implementing this is because the Amplifire serves as a back up in case something happens with the KPA, a quick reorganization of the buttons and it would get me through the gig with a couple of sounds.

• Don't understand how you count ten Rig Volumes and five Amp Volume in one Performance. Each Performance can have up to five Rigs in its Slots. Each Rig has exactly one Rig Volume and one Amp Volume.

For each rig I have two rig volumes. The unmorphed and the morphed (+ 3db on the unmorphed). When i adjust the unmorphed volume to balance rig volumes the morphed volume does not automatically change so i need to manually change it to maintain the 3 db boost. Morphing the amp volume fixes this issue as the 3db boost remains constant when i adjust the rig volume. Hope that makes sense.
    I suspect a lot of users use the morph feature on the remote to get a lead boost on the same rig. Seems an obvious thing to do to get both rythm and lead from a single rig. I also morph in a pure boost and extra reverb and delay for the morphed lead setting.
    Morphing the amp volume instead of the rig volume is a good practical solution. I was just curious whether this would affect the tone in any way. I can't hear any difference in tone, but it's hard to be sure when comparing 2 tones at different volumes.

• I get what you are saying. Yes, I think in your case it's more convenient to adjust amp volume.
    Here's an unorthodox method I've been using lately for large concerts. I had an Atomic Amplifire laying around. I connect it in the loop in the x slot. On the Amplifire 3 buttons, I set +3Db boost , -3Db Cut , and Room Reverb. I leave that subtle room reverb always on on it which frees up the KPA's reverb slot for proper ambience/wash effect (using mostly delay algorithms for now). Then this +3Db boost and -3Db Cut, I use for solo boost or for cut during quiet passages or things that need to be quieter in the mix yet still aggressive (funk strumming, etc). This frees up the morph features for something else like just tone shaping. It now feels intuitive to have that little box on the side just dedicated to volume control and frees up those precious KPA post effects blocks and morph feature.

Also, another main reason for implementing this is because the Amplifire serves as a back up in case something happens with the KPA, a quick reorganization of the buttons and it would get me through the gig with a couple of sounds.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• I use morph (instant switch) to change the EQ a bit with more mids and less high and low without changing volume.
    This way the lead sound gets emphasized in the overall mix without volume changes.
    For me this works very well, better than volume changes (I play metal and really loud).

• There is no sound difference between Rig Volume and Amp Volume.

Sure there is. If you have non-linear effects post stack. Green scream for instance. Try it :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I do the exact same, OP.

I use morph for many things so I decided to use the Amp volume to balance my presets with because many times, Rig volume is already automated in some way.

Works great. No issues.

• I seem to remember the manual recommending just that too. Amp for balance. Rig for solo boost etc.