Reached a wall with my Kemper.

• Is there any one you know that lives near you that also has a kemper? I am just thinking to plug yours into another kemper to see...maybe one of us lives near you i dont know, to me that would be the quickest way to know, does that guitar sound any way off from plugging into an amp???

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• One way to determine whether it's the Kemper is to record a DI and reamp the DI through a free profile on the Rig Exchange. Then post both, the DI and reamped version here and have someone on the forum reamp the DI through the same (free) profile and compare the differences.

• On your first sample, you had a noisegate that interfered too much with the sound. At least at the endings I have noticed it strongly.

If sample two and three were played with the same profile, you can expect that the LP signal will sound muddy (which is the case here) if the Strat signal already sounds distorted. Humbuckers usually have a stronger output and thus cause a relatively bigger distortion than single coils.

• I would also think that it could be the noisegate.
    If you have the noisegate enabled, disabled it completely and use the stomp 4:1 noise gate instead.
    The 4:1 works much better and doesn't negatively impact tone.

• Well, here are my suggestions.

Both guitars sound a bit fuzzy in your recordings.
    But for sure there is nothing wrong with your Profiler..

Try pickups more to the bridge.
    Try increasing the Amp Definition parameter.
    Have you tried different profiles yet?

CK

• Thank you.

This clip is the M Britt, Marshall Silver Jubilee 1 8. I increased amp definition to 9.8. First riff is my Les Paul in the treble position, second in the middle position and last in the rhythm position.

No Post processing.

Guitar - Kemper - RME Fireface UC (spdif) - Reaper.

I've tried all the profiles that came with the Kemper, the free M Britt, TopJimi's, purchased a couple of M Britt packs. Plus Mix Berlin Marshall JCM 800.

• That clip didn't sound anything like a jubilee to my ears. It almost sounded like there is some kind of phase effect going on. It almost sounded like the guitar volume was rolled way back. Could definitely be a pickup height issue. That was what I had to adjust on my ESP when it sounded crappy with the kemper. Strangely it didn't sound bad through my Marshall.

• That sounds much better.
    Definition high and using the bridge pickups drastically change the sound to the better, I think.
    Anyway, you have your guitar tone control all the way up?

• That sounds much better.
    Definition high and using the bridge pickups drastically change the sound to the better, I think.
    Anyway, you have your guitar tone control all the way up?

The Les Paul, neck PU 9 and bridge 7.5.

The Strat, neck 10, bridge 4.5.

So the Kemper is doing its job correctly?
    The LP sounds normal through my Marshall, I could take it to a luthier and have it checked to make sure.

• The Les Paul, neck PU 9 and bridge 7.5.
    The Strat, neck 10, bridge 4.5.

So the Kemper is doing its job correctly?
    The LP sounds normal through my Marshall, I could take it to a luthier and have it checked to make sure.

Were the other samples you posted using your LP played through the neck pickup or middle position? When playing through the bridge pickup, I admit it sounds much better.

• Yes, the bridge pick up sounds much better/more natural than the other positions… but there is still something weird with the attack, it seems like it is lacking some juice… I don’t know how to explain it.
    - I hate tone controls on guitars, I have removed all of mine… Even when they’re wide open, they still affect the tone…
    But I’m not at all saying that’s your problem, and I know what you mean, when you play through a real amplifier, it’s just different, better, more natural…

• Yes, the bridge pick up sounds much better/more natural than the other positions… but there is still something weird with the attack, it seems like it is lacking some juice… I don’t know how to explain it.

The pick attack doesn't have any real bite at all. The 'Pick' parameter in the Amp section may help, I'm not sure.

• The pick attack doesn't have any real bite at all. The 'Pick' parameter in the Amp section may help, I'm not sure.

Yes... Agreed, that might help. But there's something not right, it shouldn't need this with a good MB Marshall Profile?! There shouldn't be anything "lacking"...