Guitar picks. Which one do you use ?

• That's so interesting because that's exactly why I don't like the MaxGrips... too much "grip". Like it's sticking to my fingers.

But the Petrucci picks have just a little bit of grip more than a plain old pick.

I couldn't use the Petruccis as I had to hold onto it so hard it made my hand cramp up. But I got annoyed, dug in the basement for a piece of self-adhesive 120 grit sandpaper, and put a piece on both sides of the Petuccis. Now that is a bit on the grippy side. But the MaxGrips are perfect.

• I wrote up another thread about picks and articulation, but the short version is I order medium celluloid from www.InTuneGP.com because Fender (and everyone else) changed the material they were using and this is as close as I can get to the old school Fender mediums in feel.

However, just got in another batch today. This time in addition to the blue tortoise I also ordered white. I used to insist on white Fender mediums because even though my friends thought I was nuts, I could tell the difference in feel.

Sure enough, these whites feel different than the blues, in a good way. The latter is a bit more polished and glassier, so there's a difference in tone between the two. I like both and will use them according to what I want to hear at the moment.

And to all my friends who thought I was nuts... Nyah! :P

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• What about this pick? :D

TRY playing this (no don't)

NO PICK!! WTF man

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.