Guitar picks. Which one do you use ?

• Thanks for even checking around for me lbot39! Those D'Andrea Ultra-Plecs played backwards have been a big part of getting my sound. Guenterhaas was right when he mentioned the importance of the pick. Some players get their sound with "cheap" picks and others go the expensive route, but for me it's been the Ultra Plecs. For jazz they give a ton of warmth (akin to Wes playing with his thumb) and they can even make a cheap acoustic guitar have some "richness and body". lbot39 if you're in the US, PM me your address and i'll send you one. I figure what i've got now won't last for but so long and based on the thread comments maybe you'd enjoy trying one of my few remaining ones out.

Thanks, but I live in Germany. And please guard your treasure picks :thumbup:
    Be sure, if ever a remaining stock shows up here in Europe, you will hear from me!

• Either ULTEX 1.0 or Small Jazz III Stubby 3.0

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Really interesting picks guys, ill take a look, ATM i finding the .88mm dunlop tortex picks not too hard and not too soft, i wanted the best of both worlds, .88 just seems to be good for every thing for me ATM. Ow this one was good too :D

[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t53r3nl0j0vev47/Guitar%20prick.jpg?dl=1]

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• .50mm Ultem Jazz picks. The Ultem is strong and long lasting, and the med-light gauge has just the right amount of spring and snap for a bright twangy attack.

The Clayton spike picks (0.56mm) in the teardrop jazz size are great, but I've been making my own and saving some $$.

I guess I should add, that the pointed tip is another important feature IMO. If I get a pick w/ a rounded tip I sharpen it before use.

• My girlfriend gives me 24 different picks for Christmas every year as a Christmas calender.
    So I tried quite a few and I tried some that I would have never even bought for myself.
    For the Studio all these different picks really do sound different. Especially on the acoustic guitar.
    For electric guitar the John Petrucci Jazz III are my absolute favorite.
    Not to thick, not to slim, not to big, not to small, and a good grip.
    https://m.thomann.de/de/dunlop…3bLQyUEAQYASABEgIBlfD_BwE
    If they ever stop making these.... Ahh I have to order more.
    And I'm seriously not a fan of John Petrucci. I mean I got nothing against him and he's a God and all but he definitely isn't my idol or anything like that.
    But that guy just knows what a good pick is. I'm curious to try his new flow-pick although 2mm is usually to thick for my taste.
    Anyone else tried the flow pick of his?
    For acoustics I normally use the normal 0.88 green Dunlop Tortex as I don't need that much control on Acoustic.

• For the German guitarists: if you order picks for more than 25$ Dawman-picks are shipped FREE worldwide. ;)

https://dawmanpicks.com/

V-Picks are f.e. available at Thomann-Germany:

https://www.thomann.de/de/sear…=v-picks&smcs=f78379_1597

I'm sorry, I'm used to handmade high-quality picks now and industrial-made picks like Dunlops feel "cheap" for me. And the quality of the Dunlops decreased since I started to play them long ago. Some of the last ones I bought (Delrin 1,5 mm) had sharp edges and felt really cheap. Of course that doesn't mean that other players are totally happy with their industrial-made picks. For me Dawman and V-Picks improved my playing more than I expected, my attack is much more precise and the sound is much "bigger".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I've been using Gravity Picks for several years now. I get the thinner ones, .77 or .90, depending on what I'm playing. They're expensive, but I really like them. I think they sound and feel different than anything else I've used.

https://www.gravitypicks.com/product/thin-picks/

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Anyone try these!? I kinda want one haha!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

or the ghetto version... LMAO!
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Anyone try these!? I kinda want one haha!

or the ghetto version... LMAO!

For the guy who always loses his pipe. :thumbup:

• Agreed, Frank! The skulls are my current favourites, though I also have a load of the 3 mm red shredline and black shredline both pointed and ‘standart’, as they call them.

It's crazy. They arrived 3 days ago and I was happy with my V Picks. I ordered just for interest because Bert told that he uses them also because of the recommendation of Guenter Haas.

Guenther was absolutley right. These ones are special. There isn't much difference from the 3mm skull to the 2,8 shredlines but what I felt is that the picks improve the playing. I felt that there is a clearer tone and more definition with these picks. Maybe placebo but I am happy that I have done the test. I will stay.

• It's crazy. They arrived 3 days ago and I was happy with my V Picks. I ordered just for interest because Bert told that he uses them also because of the recommendation of Guenter Haas.
    Guenther was absolutley right. These ones are special. There isn't much difference from the 3mm skull to the 2,8 shredlines but what I felt is that the picks improve the playing. I felt that there is a clearer tone and more definition with these picks. Maybe placebo but I am happy that I have done the test. I will stay.

Same story here Frank. I was a V-pick euro user.
    The 3mm is amazing... the shape is a bit different from the shredline, it’s a kind of big jazz III. I don’t think it’s placebo.
    He made some different thicknesses for me so 1.8, 2.0, 2.2, 2.5 and 2.8. All great picks although the sound of the 3.0 is the winner imo.
    I will stay too !!