Will we ever see wireless...everything?

• I have a few wireless bridges here. I might give the com's a try just for fun. I doubt the ethernect connected midi protocol will work through the the wifi hop without some kind of smart middle man in between translating it all, but would be fun to test to see where it falls down.

We've been using the same 20 Eneloop Pro AA rechargable batteries to power all our wireless stuff for well over a year and they are amazing. Quick to charge and long lasting. As far as rechargeable batteries go, I highly recommend them.

I do wonder when the wireless stuff is going to really struggle with the increasingly crammed airwaves. We use a mix of 2.4 ghz wifi, 5ghz wifi and UHF radio for all our wireless stuff each show, and things are usually fine unscanned before soundcheck, but as soon as the audience files in with each person carrying a phone in there pocket it's a whole new ball game. Pilot tones and network scanners work well to find nice holes, but going to be interesting in the coming years.

All that said, i love wireless stuff. So much easier to put on an engaging show when anyone in the band can wander down to the floor and change the classic visual dynamic the audience is expecting.

• For me there is no need for wireless. An analogue / digital converter in the remote would be enough for me. This way you could plug whatever you want (cable, wireless receiver) directly in the remote. It is a bit annoying that you still have to run the cable in the KPA, even if it is sitting many meters away from your remote, your guitar and yourself obviously.