Help with Wah/Pedal Settings

• I am using a Mission EP1-KP as a wah using switch activation and another EP1-KP as a volume pedal with a slight boost programmed for the switch. Both are wired into my foot controller. I have two issues that I could use some help with:

1) If I power on the Kemper into Perform mode, both the wah and the boost turn on. They have been stored as off in my performances. However, if I power up the unit into Browse mode, they do not automatically turn on. If I then switch to Perform mode, they stay off. I know someone here mentioned changing a setting for the type of switch to fix this. I believe I tried it a while ago and it did nothing for me but that was a while ago. Anybody have a solution for this?

2) I like the wah that I have programmed. However, all of the action seems to be concentrated near the end of the pedal travel. What parameters do I need to change in order to maintain the current sound but just adjust the pedal sweep so that everything isn't occurring within a small range near the toe position? Thanks!

• After performing expression pedal calibration, I'm not sure what you can do. I'd love it if there was a way to tweak the action to simulate different potentiometer tapers (audio or linear).

Anyway, the characteristics you describe (narrow range of action near end of pedal travel) are how all my "real" wah wah pedals behave.

• Thanks but my old Vox/Dunlop and my Tease RMC2 both had better tapers than what I had programmed. I spent some time the other day auditioning all of the wahs I have in my Kemper. I adjusted a couple that are better suited to my needs. I will try them at tonight's gig.

As for the wah and boost turning on when powered up into Perform mode, I haven't figured that one out yet.

• I am using a Mission EP1-KP

2) I like the wah that I have programmed. However, all of the action seems to be concentrated near the end of the pedal travel. What parameters do I need to change in order to maintain the current sound but just adjust the pedal sweep so that everything isn't occurring within a small range near the toe position? Thanks!

Can't you open the pedal and tweak the positioning of the gear on the tooth bar to move the action closer to where you want it? -That's what I'd normally do on a "real" pedal.

Along the same line of thinking, I wonder if I could just build my own expression pedal out of an old wah, but use an audio taper pot?