Using Helix HX with Kemper

• I just purchased a Helix Hx. Any clues on how best to integrate this with Kemper? Thinking about putting it in Kemper loop and I beleive the loop blocks can be placed either pre or post and/cab. Also, any effects suggestions with Kemper? Thanks

• I use it this way. I definitely do the 4 cable method to get those awesome dirt pedals in front and the time effects after. The new HX Effects update has made it a lot easier, as it now works with the PC editor HX Edit. I like this setup because I like to keep effect banks and amp banks separate. As for effects, there are now a lot of great preset banks on the Line 6 forums. You just have to add the mono effects loop to each HX Effects bank. I recommend setting the "X" effect bank on the Kemper to the loop and locking it, so it's there for every amp profile you pull up. I'm currently using the HX for all effects, but I'll likely move delays and reverbs to the Kemper after the next update.

• I am a little confused. I am thinking of putting the helix hx into the kemper loop, therefore no four cable only cable out to and from kemper. The kemper loop blocks can be placed either pre or post amp/cab. Anyone do it this way?

• Check out my posts on this thread:

Line 6 HX Effects pedal

Basically, I use the Kemper in the FX loop of the HX Effects. I first tried using the HX Effects in the loop of the Kemper, which works fine. But then I switched it because it just made more sense: Using the 4 cable method, I use the distortion, comp, and boost pedals in front of the Kemper, and then add in the stereo effects afterward... it works great for me. However, now that Kemper came out with the new reverbs, I might have to rethink the reverbs in the HX Effects.