What strings do you use?

• Interesting.
    I don't have this problem with my Edge Pro equipped Jem 555 or my PRS Torero. Were there any particular strings that were giving you trouble?

Do you mean the treble or bass strings? I can tell you all of them slipped out. The bass strings first and then the treble strings in about 30 minutes. I tried like 6-7 times and with the same result.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I settled on using Elixir strings on all my 3 main guitars (all trems, 2 FR original, 1 Ibanez edge zero II) and I've had zero issues with the strings slipping out or anything close to that. And I'm pretty sure I won't change brand any time soon. Elixirs are a lot more bang for the buck in comparison to uncoated strings to me. Have to try other coated strings like the d'addario nyxl yet though.

Edited 2 times, last by Symec24 ().

• Hi, is there anybody who tried to tune drop C on baritone guitar with 711mm (28) scale? I know that for this tuning just normal scale, but the baritinove guitars I play better and tuning I would keep. Thanks for the strings tips

• Hi, is there anybody who tried to tune drop C on baritone guitar with 711mm (28) scale? I know that for this tuning just normal scale, but the baritinove guitars I play better and tuning I would keep. Thanks for the strings tips

If you know your desired tension, you can mess around with this calculator to find the approx gauges:

https://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_guitar_string.htm

There's no easy answer. It all depends on what you are comfortable with. But I agree with a metal producer who said most guitarists uses too thin strings. At least for recording it's true and most metal guitarists want to hit hard and dig into the strings . Does the string gauge you use keep the guitar in tune long enough? Intonation good?

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau