Cool KPA Backup Option Found......Sonicake

• Just saw a review of this little pedal appear in my YouTube feed, and thought I'd post it here for us KPA users, looking for a backup solution. Looks interesting.

Apparently, it's a inexpensive Ebay item (around 70.00). Probably from China. The reviewer in the video below says the length is about the same as a wah pedal, and about half the width, which is the main appeal for me (other than the sound).

Sonicake Twiggy Blues
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic…&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

YouTube Demo Video -

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They also have a higher gain version (Haven't checked this one out yet)

Sonicake Rockstage
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic…&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

FWIW, I have no experience with these pedals, other than what I see on YouTube, but I am thinking about ordering one.

• So, not really a backup for the Kemper ...

It has overdrive, what else ya want? :D

●Squeeze all the tonal mojo of blues, jazz, and country music into one compact bar-sized unit, with 4 essential types of guitar effect: a mellow compression, a creamy overdrive, a vintage slap-back delay and a natural reverb.
    ●Also a great tool for all the outlaw root rockers, with a powerful overdrive section that can push your amp over the edge of breaking-up, to the sonic territory of all the classic rock sound.
    ●Combining the compression and overdrive section, you get yourself a Dumble-like tone machine, with a natural sustain that goes on for days, and a pronounced mids that can easily cut through the mix.
    ●A built-in cab simulator for getting a real guitar cabinet sound straight from the PA system; Max delay time: 500ms

Sounds an awful lot like a cheap Kemper backup to me...

His 2nd link:

• Packing almost the entire tonal essence of 80's arena rock n' roll into one bar-shaped unit, with a glassy and transparent, BBD-style chorus, a crushing hot rod Marshall-stack crunch distortion, a natural-sounding delay, and a spacious reverb.
    • Turn on every module on the bar, with a little tweaking, you've got yourself THE EPIC lead tone, which is dynamic, responsive to your hands, with long sustain, and cuts through the mix like a knife through butter.
    • A built-in cab simulator for getting a real guitar cabinet sound straight from the PA system; Max delay time: 500ms

Sounds an awful lot like a cheap hi-gain Kemper backup to me...

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Well, it's cheap enough. Give it a try. Who knows?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• And this stuff is just going to get cheaper and cheaper, and better and better and better. Pretty crazy!

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Yup. Looks like a cool little device. I used to carry around an old Randall RG100ES as a backup for my H&K Triamp MKII, so my requirements for aa backup are not terribly high. :D