My Rig Manager Actions are Only Sometimes Taking Place on My Profiler

• Hello everyone!
    I would LOVE some help! I'm having a terrible time identifying this issue, as it is not always consistent. I've watched over 20 tutorials online, and it feels like there's just an issue with my equipment.

I'm trying to do very basic things, but rig manager and my profiler are not communicating well at all. Here's what I would like to do:

-Create performances for multiple songs that I will be performing live...each song will have 4-5 tones/rigs (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, etc.).

*BTW, I have the kemper connected to the computer via USB for all of this, and I have done the latest software update.

The issues are:

1. Almost every time that I choose a rig from my profiler in Rig Manager and copy-and-paste it into a new performance, it is not that rig (it's something called "Crunch"). That's frustrating, but I can work around it by finding the rig in my browser.

2. If I re-order my slots on the rig manager, they will not re-order on the profiler.

3. If I choose "minor" for the performance's key in Rig Manager, it defaults to major, and the profiler will not let me change it to minor. I've decided to just use the relative major keys, but thought this was worth mentioning. Also, if I enter a BPM for the performance on the Rig Manager, it will usually not send to the profiler. I can manually adjust this, but again, it just feels like I'm either missing a step with saving Rig Manager actions, or it's just not communicating with the Profiler.

4. Slightly unrelated, but worth mentioning: sometimes, my Legacy delay just flat-out stops working. I'll restart the profiler, and then it works again, but clearly, I can't do that in a gig.

5. Sometimes, it names the slots of my performances incorrectly on Rig Manager. For instance, I have an AC30 in the verse and a JCM800 in the chorus...it will be 100% right and perfect. I'll save a backup in Rig Manager, and then the next time I turn on the Kemper and open Rig Manager, the verse has the JCM800 and the chorus has the AC30.

I know these are a lot of issues, so I don't expect one of you to know all of these answers, but I'm just curious to know any help you can provide.

Mostly...once I make a change on the Rig Manager, am I supposed to do some extra step to save it onto the profiler? Is there a "save," "export to profiler," or something of which I'm not aware? Sometimes the changes in Rig Manager happen in real-time on the profiler and sometimes it does nothing.

I hope it's user error that can easily be fixed, because I'm pulling my hair out...I keep dialing in my tones EXACTLY how I want them, and then they become a mess, store with the wrong name, and often are in a different slot once I restart my profiler. I'm always hitting "store" anytime I do anything I want to save on the profiler.

Thank you thank you thank you for any help!

Edited once, last by Dmount1 ().

• Hey Dmount1,

I’ve had my profiler for years. In the last 6 months I’ve started using performance mode.

I’ve perceived some wonky things happen when putting together performances. I’m convinced that it’s a mixture of my methods, my interpretation of the documentation, and maybe software issues that correct itself on upon saving the performance, opening up another performance then reopening the first performance I created and the changes are now there.

I’ve not put in the time to try and reproduce the wonky behavior because the longer I put together performance entries, the weirdness I experience is less and less.

So, yeah, I’ve seen stuff that I didn’t expect, but the more I play, the less problems I encounter. You aren’t the only one.

Edited once, last by RevNeil ().

• The only thing I will add is that once my performances are there and not touched, I’ve never had any wonky issues happen.

I’ve also used midi commands to change parameters like morphing, starting and stopping stomps, delays and reverbs and changing slots and performances. I haven’t yet experienced any wonky behavior that you described above once things are working.

I think there might be some witchcraft that I don’t understand when it comes to rig manager editing performances as to what is downloaded to the profiler and when things are synced.

Maybe someone else that understands the sequence of what happens when will chime in.

Hope this helps!

• I have this too. If we could find one thing that happens repeatedly, describe it, make a backup, and send it to support there is a chance we can get it looked at.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hey man

I HAve to agree, I have suffered all of these things to the point I no longer use Rig Manager.

I stopped using RM about a month ago when I copied 10 performances from slot 1-10 to slot 20- 30 as I wanted to change all amps to a new pack for testing in the studio. I was more than annoyed when it deleted performance 1 and 20 (the entire lines). I had created a backup so restored the Kemper via Rig Manager to find the performance was not there so had to rebuild the entire song from scratch.

I think most of the issues come from Rig Manager losing connectivity to the Kemper as this happens a lot. I will start to use RM, everything is fine, then suddenly I start to save (new performance, slot order, different amp) and RM does not reflect what's on the Kemper. I always have to restart RM, I have tested this with multiple USB cables, multiple revisions of RM, usb3, usb2, USB passive and active hub and also multiple computers.

I just came to the conclusion that the Kemper is fantastic, I mean out of this world, but the software development or the USB implementation is not quite up to scratch (be that RM or the USB)

For the record this is only in performance mode, auditioning amps is never a problem.

As an aside it has really taught me to understand the Kemper interface from the screen and I must say I have very little use for RM apart from auditioning.

Hope you find a resolution

Mike

• On one hand Mike, knowing the profiler interface inside and out allows you to be able make changes on the fly at a gig.

Depending on rig manager could be a detriment if your pc is not available at a gig.

• Wow, you guys are SO very helpful! I appreciate the insight, and spent way too long scouring forums to try to resolve these issues.

I think I'm in agreement with Audiopilot...the Kemper is incredible...ABSOLUTELY incredible. In fact, I think it may be the most game-changing piece of equipment I've ever owned. However, it feels like Rig Manager needed some more ironing out before it was released.

I'll continue to do most of my editing and arranging from the device itself.

Have an amazing day, and thanks so much to all of you guys for making me realize I wasn't missing some extra step. I was pulling my hair out of my head trying to figure out what I was doing incorrectly.

• I too struggle with a mismatch between how my rigs are named on the remote and how they appear on the profiler. My guess--I'll need to slow down to verify this--is that this occurs when I move rigs around within a given performance, so #2 above. I'll try simply creating performances on the profiler, but can't help but feel this is a big loss, given how much longer it takes to enter names that way. Love my Kemper more every day, but this is truly frustrating.

• One issue I've recently had is having rigs 'disappear' from their slots in Performance mode following a tweak. If I shut the unit down, then reboot, they reappear, so they're not actually gone. But for a time, they are.